PDA

View Full Version : scared of appendicitis again!

Sam Winter
01-01-17, 03:17
What a great start to the new year lol 03:00 am and I'm still not asleep because my side is hurting and I'm terrified it's my appendix, the pains definitely worse than most of the side pains I get(still not enough to make me cry or at least yet) and my stomach is making a lot of noises so I'm not sure if its possibly IBS or trapped wind? but I really just can't seem to shake the fear at the moment :weep:

---------- Post added at 03:17 ---------- Previous post was at 03:16 ----------

Its actually in my lower pelvis too so I'm kinda leaning more towards IBS or wind but I'm still unsure x

Fishmanpa
01-01-17, 03:22
With respect Sam, you have as much a chance of appendicitis as you did from breaking a bone opening a can of soda ;)

Hope you have a great New Year!

Positive thoughts

Sam Winter
01-01-17, 03:25
You remember that huh? I did chip a nail though(clean snap) :roflmao:
I'm calming down a little now, when things first happen its almost like I see red but then I slowly come down and realize, then feel like an idiot :roflmao: I hope you have a happy new year too! X

Fishmanpa
01-01-17, 03:33
You remember that huh? I did chip a nail though(clean snap) :roflmao:
I'm calming down a little now, when things first happen its almost like I see red but then I slowly come down and realize, then feel like an idiot :roflmao: I hope you have a happy new year too! X

Thanks... you too! And now you have an excuse for relaxing session at the nail salon :)

Positive thought

PanickyGuy
01-01-17, 03:36
Don't people usually double over with a appendicitis? Or is that something else?

And how long can one have a appendicitis?

NancyW
01-01-17, 06:18
I know several people that had their appendix out... none of them started with right sided pain.

Pain in the area of the appendix came on late in the game. For my husband, he was already in the hospital before he felt the classic appendix right sided pain.

lily1
01-01-17, 13:12
My mum and me have had appendicitis.

You would know something was wrong as the pain doesn't come and go.
It is usually treatable and caught in time.
What is it that frightens you about this condition if it's curable? X

Sam Winter
01-01-17, 15:18
My mum and me have had appendicitis.

You would know something was wrong as the pain doesn't come and go.
It is usually treatable and caught in time.
What is it that frightens you about this condition if it's curable? X

My fear is that i'll leave it too long and then not catch it in time x
(most of my fears are a little odd my biggest one is choking)

lily1
01-01-17, 15:25
I think you'd know..

My general rule of thumb is if the pain is persisting beyond a day and is not relenting.

Sam Winter
02-01-17, 02:02
Thanks for the advice and reassurance, it only seems to get bad at night which is kinda odd, like i'll be fine though the day (like I was today) and then midnight hit and it started to hurt a little and now its just full blown again while I'm in bed, can't tell if its my anxiety or coincidence but either way it is kinda frustrating :roflmao: