PDA

View Full Version : Daily Xanax? Anyone?

Ethansmom
01-01-17, 15:17
I have such bad anxiety. I have tried to many meds that have made me feel worse, and with so many unwanted side effects. Right now, the only thing that helps is a low dose of Xanax. The doctor said to use it as needed for right now while I work through CBT with my therapist. I am also exercising more, and have started meditating daily. Has anyone use Xanax for a few months? Did you have any issues stopping it?

Fishmanpa
01-01-17, 16:04
With all that's been going on with my wife's illness, my doc gave a script "as needed". It's helped. I've taken it daily a few days in a row 2-3x a day (especially when she was really bad) but go many days up to a week or more without it as well. I haven't had any issues at all.

Positive thoughts

Ethansmom
01-01-17, 16:26
Sorry to hear about your wife's illness. I hope that things get better. She's in my thoughts and prayers ...
I've tried so many medications and I feel like the only thing helping is Xanax
I hope therapy is helpful. I'm to in tuned with my body. I notice every twitch, vibration, heart beat, etc. I hope I can beat this .

Fishmanpa
01-01-17, 16:40
Sorry to hear about your wife's illness. I hope that things get better. She's in my thoughts and prayers ...
I've tried so many medications and I feel like the only thing helping is Xanax
I hope therapy is helpful. I'm to in tuned with my body. I notice every twitch, vibration, heart beat, etc. I hope I can beat this .

Thank you... it's day to day, one step forward, two steps back for now.

Good going for taking positive steps toward healing. Just be really careful with the Xanax as it can be/is addictive and you can build up a tolerance to it. Work hard at therapy, practice the techniques/homework they give you and you CAN learn ways to manage it better and beat it!

Positive thoughts

bin tenn
01-01-17, 16:52
I agree, good for you taking steps to get better. :) As fishmanpa said, just be careful about taking it as it is addictive. I think you'll be just fine so long as you are always aware of that and you make an effort to utilize the things you learn through therapy.

MyNameIsTerry
01-01-17, 20:31
Whilst your doctor prescribed it for "as needed" use, if you are taking it more regular I really think you need to update your doctor.

The overlap between Benzo doses is where you will end up building a tolerance and your doctor may wish to keep an eye.