PDA

View Full Version : Reassure me!

Ger
11-04-07, 19:21
Hi

I posted about this in another post yesterday but I've just been to see a nurse at my surgery and it's made me feel more anxious! I've suffering from bad anxiety all this year, but I went to stay with a friend last week and felt a lot calmer. When I came back home yesterday I could feel some of my symptoms coming back (headache, tense neck, lightheadedness) - but even then I was just able to think ' oh that's interesting, my anxiety must be related to coming home'. But a couple of hours later I suddenly felt my heart slow down - as if it was going to stop, then when it seemed it was about to stop beating, it speeded up so that it was faster than usual. Then it came back down to how it usually feels. The whole thing just lasted a couple of minutes, and at the time although it freaked me out I thought that it was due to anxiety.

This evening I went to the doctors to see a nurse about my blood pressure. I'd had to monitor my BP for a week - and the readings were fine. So I told her what had happened. She said she didn't know what would cause it and that it sounded very odd and that I should make an appointment to see a doctor about it. The trouble is, I won't be able to get an appointment till next week and my flatmate's on holiday this week so I'm alone - which will probably make me dwell on it. So I'd appreciate it if anyone could reassure me that is due to anxiety. Thanks!

debera
11-04-07, 21:21
Hi Ger
I Felt:) This Allot Too. When I Go Out I Feel Better. On Coming Home The Old Anxiety Sympoms Come Back. I Think Its Just The Memory Of Where We Have Had The Most Anxiety. I Suffered Allot With It When I Was Home. So As Soon As We Step Into The House The Old Memorys Come Flooding Back. But Dont Worry It Will Get Better With Time. I Dont Feel As Bad When I Come Home. Its A Big Difference From Last Year. Hope This Helps.
Love Debera

Ger
12-04-07, 19:44
Thanks. It's good to know it eventually gets better. It confuses me as I used to feel great when I was at home.

Does anyone else get the feeling that their heart is slowing down about to stop? It freaked me out, but I bet when I go to the doctors she'll say 'its anxiety'.