PDA

View Full Version : Fear of insanity pls help/ ocd / anxiety!!!!

plummy124
01-01-17, 23:06
So im 20 years old i have experienced debilitating anxiety for 2 years now along with some major to mild depression it depends. i have some good tools etc that i use to cope but im far from saying ive overcome anxiety and panic attacks still affect me everyday. i have lately been noticing i have some serious OCD symptoms and i have this huge fear that i am going insane or already have gone insane, i know its probably just anxiety or DPDR but im freaking out to f**k to the point im having panics attacks all throughout the day i keep thinking everything isn't real and ive lost my mind and just seem a bit spaced out i know this is a massive symptom of DPDR. Plus i keep checking anything i hear or see thats it real, for example rewinding the tv just to make sure i saw what was there and im not seeing things etc. im in full blown panic mode and cant seem to relax what so ever i honestly do feel like im going to have to end up in a padded cell with my arms strapped to my feet LOL ( funny but this is no joke ) has anyone else experienced this fear of psychosis or going insane ??? Please help any advice would be much appreciated.

i also know that people say when you are going insane you are not aware of it but is that really true ? cant people trip out and still know they are tripping ? i used to smoke a lot of weed so im scared that has messed me up too. no one in my family has a history of psychotic illnesses either but my god i feel like im losing touch. i have a counseling session in a few weeks so hopefully they can help me too but id really like some feedback on here. Thank you so much if you took time to read this. happy new year

Twirlywoo
01-01-17, 23:24
So sorry to hear you are experiencing this too. I'm having a hard to with everything you just wrote. The constant checking to make sure what I see or hear are real, the constant fear that I have got a severe mental illness and not just anxiety OCD.
I really hope someone can give you a better reply.
I just want you to know your not alone x

MyNameIsTerry
02-01-17, 04:54
Ask your counsellor the question about whether you can be aware you are going insane, I bet I know what he/she will say.

The NHS say you won't realise it, WHO diagnosis criteria in various conditions where you can consider you are loosing your mind (psychosis, delusion, etc) say the same. The point is that you are 100% lost inside the episode so are not thinking like a rational person does. It's true that schizophrenics may learn to spot an episode coming but this comes from experience and guidance by medical professionals in how to do it, you wouldn't have that ability without that.

Strange symptoms like DP/DR can make you feel like you are losing your mind. I've had many occasions where I thought I was with my OCD in various ways but it's really not the case because it just doesn't work like that according to the medical professionals.