PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety and heart rate

Kobey
02-01-17, 00:26
Not sure if I am worried about nothing but I just sat down and thought I would check my heart rate. 90bpm, can anxiety cause a high heart rate or is this something I should worry about. Feeling even more anxious now :-(. Why did I check.

emnemz
02-01-17, 00:35
90 is fine �� Mine is usually between 80-90 resting. Whilst in panic mine has gone up as high as 150. High heart rate is a classic anxiety symptom.

JuliaSugarbaker
02-01-17, 00:35
That's a normal heart rate and yes, anxiety can definitely raise your heart rate.

Kobey
02-01-17, 00:40
I guess testing and worrying about what your heart rate will be causes it to increase. I'm sure when I lay in bed sometimes my heart rate varies from quite slow to fast depending on how calm I feel.

I'm just having an anxious holiday abroad where I'm having a lot of fun but get that anxiety attack off and on. A horrible feeling.

Hope you all had a good new year 😃

PanickyGuy
02-01-17, 00:42
Yes. But rest at least a couple of minutes before checking your heart rate. Don't check your heart rate immediately after moving around then sit down, because it will get up a little bit if your moving your body, which is natural.

Gotta sit and wait a few before checking for your actual resting heart rate. :winks:

emnemz
02-01-17, 00:45
I'm a compulsive checker of my pulse which I shouldn't do but I do! It varies constantly.

Enjoy the rest of your holiday x

GlassPinata
02-01-17, 01:35
90 is fine �� Mine is usually between 80-90 resting. Whilst in panic mine has gone up as high as 150. High heart rate is a classic anxiety symptom.

I second that. When in the grip of anxiety, your heart rate can become very high; mine is, at least.

Hypomean
02-01-17, 07:06
90 is normal. Heart rate while standing can reach up to 120 and that's still considered normal. Anything above 130 WHILE SITTING is something to get seen about. That's say of you already know you are healthy. This is the info I got from my cardiologist.

pathtocalm
08-01-17, 19:49
Hi guys.
I just checked my heart rate and it's 103 fully resting.
I thought that was quite high.
Anyone think that's normal?

PanickyGuy
08-01-17, 20:07
Hi guys.
I just checked my heart rate and it's 103 fully resting.
I thought that was quite high.
Anyone think that's normal?

No but is it always like that? And were you feeling anxious at that moment when you checked it?

If it's like that every single time you check it, like everyday you check it multiple times in a day, then you may want to see a doctor about it. But, if it's not like that all the time, then it's more likely because of anxiety.

bin tenn
09-01-17, 00:54
No but is it always like that? And were you feeling anxious at that moment when you checked it?

If it's like that every single time you check it, like everyday you check it multiple times in a day, then you may want to see a doctor about it. But, if it's not like that all the time, then it's more likely because of anxiety.

Or it could be the body doing what it's supposed to do, if it isn't always like that. So I agree. If it's not near constant, a one-off sort of thing, there is likely no need to be concerned.

PanickyGuy
09-01-17, 01:29
Or it could be the body doing what it's supposed to do, if it isn't always like that. So I agree. If it's not near constant, a one-off sort of thing, there is likely no need to be concerned.

Yeah the doctor told me once, that if my HR was constantly above 100 to come in and get tested because it could be a problem, which it never did stay that high all the time like I was fearing. Just a side effect of anxiety\panic disorder as I eventually realized overtime. :doh:

Lol. I'm also beginning to think I psyche myself out sometimes and causing my BP and HR to rise instantly, every time I use the damn BP machine at home. :blush:

bin tenn
09-01-17, 02:18
At one point in time, not long ago, just walking past the blood pressure kiosk in a pharmacy induced instant feelings of anxiety and panic - even if I didn't intend to sit down and check it. Haha. I'm past that now. Now getting BP checked doesn't cause me any worry.

LisaLisaD
11-01-17, 23:15
Hi guys

I've got a Fitbit that tells me my heart rate anytime. It flashes up regularly during my day. I'll tell you with confidence that the heart rate goes up and down all day long, and if you think about having a fast heart rate, then check your heart rate, it inevitably goes up. Deep breathing will lower the rate dramatically - my Fitbit has shown that to me. Earlier on I ate a couple of doughnuts and the sugar sent my rate up to 103, sitting down still. Pure sugar rush. My resting rate is 69 - so it just goes to show how it can change. Don't worry.

swajj
11-01-17, 23:32
The information given to panicky guy by his doctor is the same as my doctor gave me. When your heart rate is consistently above 90 (and I mean even when you are relaxing) you should see your doctor. I was also told that the lower the resting heart rate the better. My husband's is 58, something I've always envied lol. Mine ranges between 68 and 72. Of course if you aren't resting you can excpext your heart rate to be well over a hundred. This is normal. I have been a compulsive pulse checker and my pulse was over 100 every time I took it. So I started taking it as soon as I woke up before my anxiety kicked in. It was always around 68. I don't take it anymore.

Ethansmom
11-01-17, 23:37
Mine is at 104 right now, but having an anxiety filled day!