PDA

View Full Version : Hello, I just got here

Affraidofliving
02-01-17, 14:28
I'm a 37 year old male from the US. I am married with 3 sons. I have panic disorder and likely ptsd. I had my first full blown panic attack probably 6 years ago, it came completely out of the blue and I believed I was having a heart attack, after a trip to the emergency room I found out it was panic. I think my panic symptoms are probably typical. Hyper aware of my heart beat, felling it pound through my whole body, I get flows of adrenaline that feels like water pouring out in my chest, I get hot, tingling in my limbs, and a general fear of impending doom.
It seems like the biggest cause of my panic attacks is the fear of having an attack. Lately I've often felt like I'm on the verge of having a panic attack all the time, but haven't had what I consider a full blown attack in probably 6 months
I take 30 mg paroxetine one time daily and 1mg alprazolam when needed

That pretty much sums me up. Thanks.

venusbluejeans
02-01-17, 14:33
Hiya Affraidofliving and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Affraidofliving
02-01-17, 14:41
I should also note that I often worry about other health problems but I tend not o avoid going to the doctor out of fear of finding out there is something physically wrong with me

almamatters
02-01-17, 17:28
:welcome: to the forum, I'm sure a lot of us can relate to how you are feeling, there is loads of help and support on here.

Annie0904
02-01-17, 17:36
You might find this helpful for dealing with your fear of having more panic attacks http://www.cci.health.wa.gov.au/resources/infopax.cfm?Info_ID=44