PDA

View Full Version : Child says stomach hurts? Leukemia?

darkside4k
02-01-17, 18:20
Last night my daughter (5 years old) said her stomach was hurting. She has said a few more times today it hurts. I'm very worried this could be leukemia... I saw it listed as a possible cause of stomach pain in kids.

Even after going to the bathroom this morning she has said it hurts a couple times.

Annie0904
02-01-17, 18:29
How can you jump from a childhood tummy pain to Leukemia? She would have had a lot more symptoms than a tummy ache.
Most children get tummy aches and it could be something she has eaten or a tummy bug. If she has no other symptoms and it has only been last night and today then I wouldn't be worried at all.

GlassPinata
02-01-17, 18:34
I have a 4-year-old.
I worried he had leukemia last year when his lymph nodes swelled and stayed large for awhile. They did eventually go back down, but yeah, I understand the fear. (now my "lymph node phobia" has switched to ME, and I'm worried because I have a palpable node).
I work with children, and tummy aches are the most common complaint kids have. Even strep will sometimes present as a tummy ache in a child. It's a rare day that SOME child in our center doesnt throw up or have diarrhea. Kids have sensitive tummies. Your child is no doubt fine. Please dont worry, and you and I can perhaps work together to keep our irrational fears OFF our kids, even if that means we have to turn them on ourselves. That is something I've been making a conscious effort to do. My dad is a hypochondriac, and I feel like he made me one too, always thinking that he and/or I was dying. I refuse to do that to my child. Even if I THINK something awful, I try my hardest not to let him know. Best wishes to you.

Sphincterclench
02-01-17, 18:52
Huge leap from tummy ache to leukemia. Id bet the farm he is normal in no time.

Fishmanpa
02-01-17, 19:16
Hey Darkside... Are you getting any professional help for your anxiety?

Positive thoughts

Wilburis
02-01-17, 19:38
Hi

Oh my, you think like I do....

swajj
03-01-17, 01:08
You are obsessing over having ALS and now you are obsessing about your child. Hopefully your child is unaware that you believe she may have a serious disease. As Fish said, are you seeing someone about your anxiety?

---------- Post added at 10:38 ---------- Previous post was at 10:23 ----------

Full of it.

Josh1234
03-01-17, 06:40
Reb 2.0