PDA

View Full Version : Can't work it out

tracieann
02-01-17, 18:58
Has anyone had a sort of squeezing pain that starts on your right upper abdominal and crosses to the left hurts a bit when you breath in for a minute then goes away had it a month ago ended up in a and e not heart they said tested me and ecg x2 normal gastro reflux they said I'm on acid blockers but have high anxiety ibs and barretts oesophagus and fibromyalgia what the bell was this pain:scared

ServerError
02-01-17, 21:35
I can't tell you what that pain was, and neither can anybody else here. But I can tell you that it doesn't matter as you've had plenty of medical testing that has ruled anything perilous and gotten to the bottom of what your issues actually are.

I can also tell you that having a human body means you will sometimes experience pain that doesn't seem to have any obvious cause or meaning. It comes, and then it goes. And nothing bad happens. Also, pain can be psychosomatic. It's happened to me in the past. I had stabbing pains in my abdomen earlier this year. The doctor didn't think it was anything to worry about. I took some paracetamol and the pain faded and went away.

GlassPinata
02-01-17, 21:39
Often, abdominal pains are related to gas and digestive issues. Gas can cause many different sensations, in many different parts of the abdomen.
I would look at that first, because it's so common, whereas a more sinister cause would be quite rare.

tracieann
02-01-17, 22:39
Never thought of gas to be honest but they say trapped wind hurts I have really bad health anxiety I'm seeing gastrointestinal dr on 10th and I'm hoping he can help it only lasted two minutes at most but ouch thanks for your responses