PDA

View Full Version : Sexual headache

saintdee
02-01-17, 23:29
Hi all, I'm a guy and I suffer from really severe headaches at the point of orgasam either through sex or masterbation. It doesn't happen all the time, bug I have had it happen for 7 years now. Just wondering if anyone else has had them?

MyNameIsTerry
03-01-17, 00:59
Yep, been there, done that. I've seen a couple of threads about them in the past, one on this board and one on the Symptoms board.

Also, sometimes a throbbing in the back of the head/neck.

I've found things like this come at high anxiety periods and go when not in those stages.

Catherine S
03-01-17, 01:14
Hi, yes these are vascular headaches, same as migraines actually, and are under the control of blood vessels rather than nerves. Your penis is also vascular, as in the blood vessels expand and contract to give you an erection...or not. So vascular headaches are also controlled by contracting blood vessels in your head and neck. Hope that helps a little.

ISB

MyNameIsTerry
03-01-17, 04:25
Hi, yes these are vascular headaches, same as migraines actually, and are under the control of blood vessels rather than nerves. Your penis is also vascular, as in the blood vessels expand and contract to give you an erection...or not. So vascular headaches are also controlled by contracting blood vessels in your head and neck. Hope that helps a little.

ISB

This might sound rude but...you certainly know about mens...:blush::winks:

It's interesting to know the link, thanks for that, Cath. The other throbbing I mentioned was a nerve spasm in my neck which had already happened but was made worse by this, so not something relevant to the OP. I wonder how your explanation impacted on that for me?

Catherine S
03-01-17, 12:08
I'm married to a man Terry, and I was doctor's secretary for many years so you get to know these things.

As for your nerve spasm, nerves and blood vessels are never far away from each other so it could be that the affected nerve was close to a pulse point in your neck.

ISB

saintdee
03-01-17, 12:25
Thanks all for your comments and reassurances

saintdee
11-01-17, 22:51
Hi all.

Sorry to have to put out another cry for suppprt or reassurance, but I have been so freaked out and panicky about these headaches I get just before I'm about to cum ( putting it basically) I have had these before over many years, but this episode has really triggered my anxiety. I will say that over the last couple months I have been really tense and constantly feel muscles are strained due to daily anxiety. I can't relax and am not sleeping due to how stressed and anxious I feel in general. But now having these headaches come back over the last week has sent me over the edge. If anyone has any support or advice I would really appreciate the back up right now.