PDA

View Full Version : Irrational thoughts and anxiety

Sage579
03-01-17, 02:04
Hi, so looking for alittle advice with anxiety and irrational thoughts. Iam had a relaspe of my anxiety in November restarted meds and started therpry. While starting the meds again I had a lot of irrational thoughts about suicide because of how bad the side effects were. The side effects cleared up after about a month and half. Iam starting to feel better but still dealing with tension headaches recurring thoughts of the hurting myself. It focused on guns witch I removed from the house so no worry so here. So when to comes up I have fear and anxiety about the simple thought of the guns my whole family has them I can't get them but the thought of me doing anything or wanting to is so strong.
So advice iam looking for is thoughts from anxiety or some other condition I know I should exspect them and move on and give it more time. But not sure what I can do wait continue my treatment or do something else.

Faith1992
03-01-17, 20:06
Hey,

I think feeling better before feeling worse is normal when put on meds, but if you are having suicidal thoughts still or are paranoid maybe go back to the doctor and explain your symptoms again. Maybe they will change the type/dosage of the meds or suggest a different kind of therapy for you. Also well done for removing the guns.