PDA

View Full Version : To All of you who think you cant manage a holiday

sarah
21-10-04, 19:59
READ ON!!!!!!

After the week ive had, if I can get through it then im sure you guys can...lol

Hiya Guys

Ive just come back from a week in Lanzarote, weather was gorgeous, food was great and resort was good too.

So what went wrong??????

Well 1st 4 days were fab, no problem on the plane, no diazepam needed, went out every night, beach or pool every day, got the beginning of a great suntan then......

Got a bad pain in my lower tummy!!! It started coming on Saturday afternoon and by 10pm I was in agony. I was pacing the room like a caged lion, sweating and feeling sick. I called my mum to ask her what to do (Steve left me on my own to go for a drink...charming eh?). She told me to drink loads of water and try and see a doctor the next day.
I put the phone down and BANG..panic hit me like it hadnt since the first one I ever had. I was sweating, trembling, felt sick, thought I was dying, felt like I wasnt really there etc etc you all know the score.
Panic because I felt ill in a strange country, I was alone, worried about how bad it was, how was I going to get home feeling like this???????????
Managed to pass out asleep and went to the doctors the next day. Diagnosed with a bad kidney infection, she gave me an injection of antibiotics in my butt and I cried like a baby (relief someone was helping I think). Had another 2 injections the next 2 days and got some tablets (good job im a pharmacy tech and can speak a little spanish or i would have been panicking about what they were giving me too...lol).
Had a really bad flight home still feeling ill and it was extrememy bumpy all the way home again cried like a baby when we landed with pure relief.

So you might think...after all that, why am I posting this in sucess stories????

BECAUSE I MADE IT, IM ALIVE AND IM BETTER OFF AND STRONGER FOR DOING IT, GOING THROUGH ALL THAT AND COMING OUT THE OTHER SIDE!!!!!

Take care all and remember you CAN do it!!!!

love Sarah
xxxxxx

we arent mad, just the next stage of evolution :)

seh1980
21-10-04, 20:07
Hi Sarah,

Kidney infection? You poor thing!! Well done for getting through it all - I don't know how I would have coped myself. It's bad enough when you're at home but when you're in a foreign country, it's a lot scarier, huh? I'm sure you're right - it has made you stronger in the long run!!

Sarah :D

Meg
21-10-04, 20:13
Good for you Sarah !! Well done

Make sure you go and get a specimin pot and give a sample to check out whether the infection has fully gone or not .

If it were a kidney infection the pain would also have been up your back so hopefully it was a urine infection and has now cleared up.

Love
Meg

It is impossible to get out of a problem by using the same kind of thinking that it took to get into it.
- Albert Einstein.

Karen
21-10-04, 20:34
Well done Sarah.

Briary

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

twister
21-10-04, 21:49
Well done Sarah - anyone would panic with a kidney infection but you got through it!!!!

Emily

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit
Understanding is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad

jill
21-10-04, 22:23
Hi Sarah

Sorry to hear you had a kidney infection on holiday,
A big WELL DONE for getting through it.

LOVE JILLXXX

Do it trembling if you must, but do it!

nomorepanic
22-10-04, 21:34
Welcome back Sarah

Glad you coped ok - you did very well.

I don't think I would have liked to have been ill whilst abroard either.

You came through it though and you are sounding very positive so well done you!

Good to see you back.

xx

Nicola

jo-jo
22-10-04, 22:50
Oh Sarah, not exactly what you want to happen on holiday hun. But hey, didn't you do great - and you've even come back with really positive attitude too [^][^][^]

Lots of love Jo xxx