PDA

View Full Version : Any solutions???

Jemima
11-04-07, 21:51
I think that what I am experiencing is general anxiety although it always happens when I'm eating, especially out or at someone else's house. I get an overwhelming feeling that I will be sick and in many cases will actually be sick. It is making me worried to accept invitations out and if I actually do makes things very embarassing or I must try to think of excuses.

I've felt this for almost 7 years with about a 6 month break at one point. Does anyone else experience this or have any ideas on how to get rid of it (especially if it doesn't involve a visit to the doctors and can be done herbally/mentally).

nomorepanic
11-04-07, 22:10
Have you considered CBT atall?

Keep going
11-04-07, 22:29
hi jemima, i roughly started getting this problem about seven years ago, when at university eating in front of peolpe. It made me very self conscience, eventually i stopped going to invites, which led to gad, social anxiety and panic attacks. i would suggest you seek treatment asap. It will only get worse if you don't.

stu:yesyes:

Jemima
11-04-07, 22:52
Thanks, what exactly is CBT?? Also I know it's best to get help but i'm really apprehansive about doing so... do you know anything else?

Magpie
13-04-07, 11:48
Sorry Jemima, but you'll probably find the only effective way to overcome this is to get professional help from a doctor who, with any luck, will refer you for cognitive behavioural therapy. What you're suffering from is a type of social phobia. You could try buying (or borrowing from the library) a self-help book or cd for people with phobias, but without professional help it will be more difficult and unless you're really good at learning it won't allow you to totally overcome the problem. Why not try this option first, and maybe once you understand what's going on a bit better it will give you the confidence to speak to a doctor about it? Good luck, whatever you decide to do!