PDA

View Full Version : Sex related health anxiety! Air embolism?

Roosterruby
03-01-17, 06:57
Hi there, everyone!
This is a very embarrassing question but I love this community and trust you all enough to ask! Just so everyone is clear, this question is sex-related!

I was engaging in oral sex with my boyfriend about 1.5 hours ago. While he was going down on me, I believe he may have blown some air into my vagina at close range (not sure, but I think this may have happened!). I have read that doing this can cause air embolism and I am very afraid! I know this is all silly but I have severe health anxiety and get worried quite a bit- this community has helped me so much! This is a graphic detail, and I apologize for that, but I DID expel some air from my vagina a little bit later. Does anyone know whether or not I could be at risk for an air embolism? Scared! Thank you so much, much love to everyone!

bin tenn
03-01-17, 16:46
I'm not familiar with any real risk, but I personally think there is almost no way whatsoever that this could be a problem for you.

nivekc251
03-01-17, 16:49
Yea your ok it's very rare to do it during cunilingus. You would know somethings wrong once it happened also.

Fishmanpa
03-01-17, 16:53
All I could think of when I read this was South Park... (http://watchcartoonsonline.eu/watch/south-park-s13-e4-eat-pray-queef/)

Queefs are harmless and funny :)

Positive thoughts

Marie2016
03-01-17, 22:50
I understand why you would be worried over such a thing but I assure you there's nothing to worry about :)
I have also heard of this and I'm led to believe there's a risk of an air embolism after events such as child birth when the neck of the womb is still dilated, but even then the risk is minimal! (Why you'd want to be engaging in any sexual activity in the weeks after child birth is beyond me but each to their own haha!)
At any other time the cervix will be normal and not open so I really wouldn't worry, also you would be aware of an air embolism very quickly, it wouldn't happen hours later and if you expelled the air then there really is no reason to be concerned.

Try not to worry :) x