PDA

View Full Version : Help. Issues with sleeping :( please help me this is making my anxiety go crazy

Miznuvem0412
03-01-17, 10:16
Hi,

For close to two months I was dealing with recurrent tonsillitis and was on 3 different courses antibiotics total of 27 days :( .my doctor ran some tests and eventually figured out it was viral (glandular fever) I'm still dealing with some of the effects of the virus.

However now im having issues with sleep . For the past few days I feel like I don't go into deep sleep .its more like I remember all my dreams and don't go into deep sleep . I'm not sure if this due to anxiety/stress.

For example yesterday I fell asleep at 3am and remember some dreams and then when I checked the time it was 8am but felt like I wasn't sleeping .

I'm a talk to my psychiatrist about this but he won't be back into town until Thursday. I'm just getting a little scared since I've never dealt with anything like this and now it's making me anxious to try sleeping

Has anyone ever had this issue ????

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

To add one more thing dealing with tonsillitis had me under a lot of stress and anxiety. Also I noticed I'm starting to focus on sleeping at night and I'm not sure if that's causing more of a problem with getting a good night sleep

sporque
29-01-17, 02:42
Hi,

For close to two months I was dealing with recurrent tonsillitis and was on 3 different courses antibiotics total of 27 days :( .my doctor ran some tests and eventually figured out it was viral (glandular fever) I'm still dealing with some of the effects of the virus.

However now im having issues with sleep . For the past few days I feel like I don't go into deep sleep .its more like I remember all my dreams and don't go into deep sleep . I'm not sure if this due to anxiety/stress.

For example yesterday I fell asleep at 3am and remember some dreams and then when I checked the time it was 8am but felt like I wasn't sleeping .

I'm a talk to my psychiatrist about this but he won't be back into town until Thursday. I'm just getting a little scared since I've never dealt with anything like this and now it's making me anxious to try sleeping

Has anyone ever had this issue ????

---------- Post added at 10:16 ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 ----------

To add one more thing dealing with tonsillitis had me under a lot of stress and anxiety. Also I noticed I'm starting to focus on sleeping at night and I'm not sure if that's causing more of a problem with getting a good night sleep

YES! I totally have had this many times. It's caused by both stress, anxiety and actually the glandular fever. I went through many months of vivid dreams but not feeling like I was actually "asleep". I noticed when I'm feeling good and not worried about my health, my sleep improves greatly. I dealt for a long time with "post viral syndrome" from glandular fever. Anytime I getting any weird, prolonged ailments, the sleep is the first thing to go haywire. Finally got put on xanax for it, which helps TONS..Unfortuenly my Doctor retired and my new Doc wants to take me off of it. As expected, I fired the new Doctor on the spot:)