PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone

ioivvu
03-01-17, 14:24
Hi and Happy New Year,
I'm a new mum (well 9 months in!) and been very blessed with a happy healthy boy.
I always had anxiety for as long as I remember (history of antidepressant, then anti-anxiety prescriptions and counselling from school age). My health anxiety really ramped up towards the end of my pregnancy and massively since. It was initially quite, I'm sure, common worries like my partner not making it home safely, people breaking in at night.. It started to get a little more irrational and focused on me dying. I lost my Mum 6 years ago and I'm terrified my son might lose me. When I look back at some things I've really dreaded I am a little embarrassed, but that never helps when I'm in the moment believing it, and I now worry and worry (exacerbating ideas by googling) until I find some concrete evidence, usually a Doctor's trip, that I'm fine.
I had a few issues pre-pregnancy and had support from a couple of services but been discharged now. I'm still working with a counsellor but I think my anxiety is getting out of control.
I'm really hoping this year I can start to overcome my thoughts and panics by myself, without feeling lonely and scared, and it stopping me from being so unproductive (although writing lists of what I need to do may be my enemy..)
Look forward to hearing from and chatting to anyone who wants to, I hope I can be of help too.
xx

venusbluejeans
03-01-17, 14:30
Hiya ioivvu and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
04-01-17, 16:53
Glad to have you with us.

I've found a great deal of support and guidance since I've been here.

I'm sure you will too.

Sam Winter
04-01-17, 19:16
Always glad to welcome another member of the family :D x
i hope you find the support you're looking for :hugs: