PDA

View Full Version : Work and anxiety

emnemz
03-01-17, 16:46
Well work had set me off good and proper today. I went in after 3.5hrs sleep. Just couldn't sleep at all. Anyway went to work tired but ok. Anyway it turned into a car crash of a day. I work for a small company, just 5 of us. One of the lads is a bit of an argumentative type, and kicked off mega style today with the boss about something and nothing. Literally screaming in his face. As the day went on the tension just got worse and worse. Then another colleague and him ended up face to face arguing. Then he fell out with the boss again, the boss ended up going home, to decide the future of the company. Without this lad the company would go under as he brings in the most money. The other colleague and this lad started again, I thought there was going to be fighting. I left the office and had a mega panic attack. This isn't the first time this has happened it happens regularly, I'm still panicky now pain in jaw and chest. I just soooo don't want to go back ever again now. I am soooo stressed right now

Lucinda07
03-01-17, 17:38
Time to look for another job!
So much rage & aggression - sounds more like a boxing ring than a workplace.

emnemz
03-01-17, 18:05
It was awful today honestly. I really don't want to go back x

Faith1992
03-01-17, 19:35
I really feel for you. Work place anxiety is the worst :( I agree with above suggestions, maybe look for a new job? Do you have any savings? If so you could maybe quit earlier? not always a good idea no, but I'm speaking from personal experience here and I've never been out of work for more than three weeks when I've quit a job. Maybe speak to your doctor too about your panic attacks?

emnemz
03-01-17, 20:50
I've got an appt end of next week so will discuss then. No unfortunately I don't, we could survive on my partners wage but that will prob cause more stress! X

Faith1992
03-01-17, 20:56
Just try and hold out for as long as you can! Have you told your partner how you feel?

emnemz
03-01-17, 21:12
Oh yes haha!! I have a contact at my old work place where I was very successful so going to speak to them tomorrow x

.Poppy.
03-01-17, 21:59
Oh yes haha!! I have a contact at my old work place where I was very successful so going to speak to them tomorrow x

That's a good plan! Even if your old work doesn't have a position for you, it's a great start to network and find through the grapevine someone that is hiring.

You could also leave and work a part-time (or a couple of part-time) job(s) for awhile. It may not bring in as much money, but some is better than nothing until you find something better.

IMO, it's better to leave on your own volition than to wait it out in a toxic environment when the company could potentially be going under.

emnemz
03-01-17, 22:26
Yep this is very true poppy!

I am part time at the moment anyway so if there's nothing available tomorrow I'm sure I can find something to tide me over x