PDA

View Full Version : do i need increase?

shiznit76
03-01-17, 18:17
Hi, after combining pregabalin with mirtazpine and escitalopram i have had 3 good months, however i have releapsed again. I currently take 200mg pregabalin, would an increase do any good?

SmilingAlbert
03-01-17, 20:34
Hey Shiz,

Sorry to hear - how does your relapse look? anx, big-D, etc.? and how long?

it may be a blip - this time of post-Xmas etc. is difficult for many...

Albert

skymaid
03-01-17, 22:50
Might do. I found preg only slightly useful at 300mg and effective at 450mg but thats the only daily thing in on.

Christmas is stressful though, i used all my monthly diazepam in december.

shiznit76
04-01-17, 11:46
Hey Shiz,

Sorry to hear - how does your relapse look? anx, big-D, etc.? and how long?

it may be a blip - this time of post-Xmas etc. is difficult for many...

Albert

Hi albert,
It has been quite bad, but xmas is always a bad time for me. Been coming up on couple weeks now. It does seem to be easing off now though

hanshan
04-01-17, 12:36
Hi Shiznit,

Christmas is a stressful time for many people. If it's just a bad patch you may not need a change in medication. In future, it may be possible to get your doctor to prescribe a small supply of as needed diazepam before periods you know will be stressful.

shiznit76
04-01-17, 12:55
Thanks Hanshan, i hope it is just a minor blip as i have been doing well on the meds i have been on

SmilingAlbert
04-01-17, 21:59
My lovely father once said to me, in times of stress "Take one day at a time. If too long, then one hour... and then one minute if you really need to. But you will get through it, as you've always done."

Wise words. It was his way of saying that stress will often come to us all, but it rarely goes on for ever. Glad to hear things easing a bit -

Best wishes,

Albert

shiznit76
05-01-17, 10:31
That's a fantastic quote Albert, :)