PDA

View Full Version : having major anxiety over flying, here for help

AKTroy
03-01-17, 18:25
Hello to everyone. My name is Troy and I am from Alaska. Last year I did one of the hardest things in my life, and traveled to Thailand for three weeks. I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get through the 25 hour flight, but it was fine or as fine as a 25 hr flight can be.

I probably had a much more difficult time coming home, as I develop some back problems sleeping on the hard beds in Thailand, and my mind got the best of me and I did not think I could fly due to the pain.

I ended up taking some muscle relaxants, and was able to sleep some, and again managed to get through.

I guess with that previous experience under my belt I would not have problems again, but I'm scheduled to leave on Friday for Thailand again ( four days from now) and having major anxiety and panic. I cannot sleep, and my back muscles are in spasm, and I just can't think clearly.

I have a woman on the other side, and we have been speaking for the last couple of years. I look forward to talking to her every day, and she has become the love of my life. I hate even telling her I have these anxieties, as she gets highly emotional and cries. She's been waiting a year to see me since our last visit.

This year I bought an engagement ring, and was planning to propose so we could start living our life together. I think that is really heightening my anxiety as well.

At this point I don't feel like I can fly, and desperately need some help and motivation to get me through. I can't sleep, I can't seem to even get warm, and have no appetite and sour stomach.

In short I'm a big basket case, and really reaching out for anyone who can help.

Thanks so much

Troy

venusbluejeans
03-01-17, 18:31
Hiya AKTroy and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Alexldn89
05-01-17, 07:57
Like so many flying is something your not ok with - I am the same
Go to the doctor and say you want something just for the flight, well, tell them
Say you can't do it the normal junk you just need one thing that will make that flight go quick.
My friend takes two diazepam then drinks two whiskeys on a flight haha!
She's battered butttt she's fine !
And you have to eat something! Did you know attacks can be egged on my being hungry and tired .. I meditate before bed now to ensure I can relax. Remember it's all mental

DoraFlora
06-01-17, 14:54
not sure what time your flight is, but....
bring a book with you. an easy read. perhaps one you've read before even.
download some guided meditations on an mp3 player

you are overly anxious because you are going to propose, which is a high-emotion event

pease let us know how it goes.
all the best