PDA

View Full Version : Hello and Happy New Year!

Partiedtoohard
03-01-17, 18:44
Hello there NMP, my name is Drew.

I have been a normal patron over at dpselfhelp.com and after some thought, decided to start an account over here. It seems after some research that the general "feel" to the forms are completely different, without getting too negative myself.

As of almost exactly a year ago, I have been dealing with what seems like DP/DR after a panic attack in January of 2016.

Here is a post on Reddit describing my ordeal about Month after.
(Apparently I cannot post links yet :) whoops)

This was all new to me, but someone did mention DP/DR and I did some research, I was amazed that this was caused to many people like me who had a panic attack after smoking.

To keep a long story short, fast forward to today. I am generally feeling a bit better, but unfortunately I have not been able to go 10-20 minutes without thinking about how my feelings are "different" or "off". I have gone an hour or so about 2-3 times, and at these points I feel 100% better as my mind is completely off what happened. Its almost as if it were a form of PTSD.

That being said, I appreciate all the collected information and I am just starting to get to read all the wealth of information on this site. I hope everyone has had a great start to 2017 so far, and I look forward to talking to everyone here in the future!

venusbluejeans
03-01-17, 18:49
Hiya Partiedtoohard and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

Mark13
04-01-17, 16:52
Hi Drew. I'm sure you'll be glad you joined.

There's plenty of advice and support here.

You're not alone.

All the best.