PDA

View Full Version : Being alone at night

robwyorks
04-01-17, 13:56
Hi everybody

I have been doing so well, over 8 years since I came off Citalopram and Beta Blockers (panic and anxiety due to stress & going through a divorce - all a distant image in the rear view mirror thankfully).

Here's the odd thing - I'm starting to get that awfully sad & anxious feeling when I am alone at night in a dark room trying to sleep. Putting the light on helps, listening to the radio or watching TV also helps, but at the worst extreme I feel I must get out of the house, perhaps go for a walk or a drive but then I am reluctant to go back! Grrrrr....

All this since my wife went to visit family abroad for six weeks (she left yesterday and I'm having real difficuty imaginging getting through the next 42 nights). I have a couple of lodgers who are lovely, but the thought of me breaking down in front of them terrifies me!

Does anybody have recommendations for an online chat room or community that might help me through - I might, of course, have already found it here but I think I have to wait 5 days before I can enter the chat room.

Thanks so much for an excellent forum!

Rob

aprilmoon
04-01-17, 14:26
Hi Rob
Welcome to NMP :)
It might be worth asking admin if they'll let you into chat earlier.
I go into chat quite frequently and there's a lovely bunch of people on there.
Look forward to welcoming you in soon
Take care

robwyorks
04-01-17, 14:41
Thanks for the reply - I've emailed the contact email to ask.