PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else have issues with what they intake?

Sam Winter
04-01-17, 14:18
I'm such a health freak when it comes to food, daily sugar intake, sat fat, ect. being someone who's terrified of like diabetes while also a chocoholic is not a great mix, i've had quite a bit a sugar over Christmas and honestly i won't sugarcoat it(how ironic :roflmao:) it's actually scaring me. i've gone into a health craze to try and "get better" even though i'm probably not ill yet, i just had a hot chocolate and i'm feeling extremely guilty, just wondering if anyone else has been through something similar x

Capercrohnj
04-01-17, 14:45
I used to be anorexic so yes but not as extreme as you. Luckily, as I stated in another thread, sugar doesn't cause diabetes so eating chocolate isn't going to make you diabetic

Sam Winter
04-01-17, 18:44
I'm sorry to hear that, thanks for the help i wasn't actually aware it didn't x

Double_Rainbow
04-01-17, 18:47
Fat doesn't make you fat and sugar doesn't cause diabetes :winks: Excessive caloric intake causes both, and then they also cause each other. But as long as you aren't diabetic now and your calories equal to whatever you burn, you should be good. Don't worry, be happy. Chocolate makes me happy too, BTW!

Sam Winter
04-01-17, 19:12
Fat doesn't make you fat and sugar doesn't cause diabetes :winks: Excessive caloric intake causes both, and then they also cause each other. But as long as you aren't diabetic now and your calories equal to whatever you burn, you should be good. Don't worry, be happy. Chocolate makes me happy too, BTW!

Haha, i don't know what it is about it it just really cheers me up, i'd say it stems from my choking fear because 99% of the time i'm terrified of food so it's nice to have something there that i can just enjoy :yahoo:
i talk a big game about being healthier but my partner has forbidden me from cutting out sugar completely because protein shakes is basically where i get most of my daily contents and he told me to stop being a "niny" because things like chocolate are bulking me up and that's what i need right now :roflmao:x

lofwyr
04-01-17, 20:16
Yeah, sugar intake has literally nothing to do with diabetes. As mentioned caloric excess does.

Same with fats. I am on a low carb high fat diet and shedding weight with it. Nutrition is important, but rarely do specific nutrients or intakes cause specific problems, unless it excess in extremes.

Also worth noting, no one developed heart disease from eating one burger or diabetes from one fast food meal. It comes from a lifetime of bad eating habits, botnprticular ibstances. And the best part, many of here issues are reversible at any point I. Life before you get sick. Taking care of yourself is always good. Eat well and get some excercise and your body and mind will love you for it

MyNameIsTerry
04-01-17, 23:22
It's that obsessive quality, Sam, it tries to latch on to the healthy stuff too.

Walking is healthy. I got into walking daily and then it became that I couldn't not do it. Basically it became another crutch, an avoidance of having to sit with my anxiety.

Sometimes it's avoidance, sometimes it's focusing on the wrong thing but it it feels like it's taking over and you have to do it, it's going to be unhealthy and something to sort out.

Try and roll with it, enjoying something is good, if you can't veer outside of a strict regime, maybe you need to change your attitude towards it?

GlassPinata
05-01-17, 06:12
I have gone through periods of vegetarianism, veganism, extreme dietary restrictions, etc. Being a small person with a fast metabolism by nature, these types of eating patterns generally cause me to become emaciated (a look I found appealing in my teens and twenties, but one that I am no longer eager to sport in my mid-forties; it would probably just make me look older than my age).
Now I pretty much eat what I want, but I do make a conscious effort to get plenty of protein and calcium, because left to my own devices I'll tend to eat nothing but carbs. Potatoes are pretty much my favorite food, followed closely by rice.