PDA

View Full Version : 3 years without a panic attack though not travelling

mt 07
04-01-17, 14:55
Happy New Year to all of you
I had my first strong panic attack after my 40's party at 6 a.m and I tortured my self for3-4 years since I have also a phobia with drugs and medicaments so I could'nt take anything. After 2 failed experiences with the wrong psychiatres I calmed down progressively. This happened when I reached my limit of low self-estim and I told my self "ok I understand that you are afraid of dying but at the end.. die. I cannot live no more like this. (since I was a person who travelled and stayed in many countries alone, and went to the smallest islands of Greece every summer with no hospitals or even doctors and with the attacks I couldnt go to my work alone sometime or take the steps because I had an attack on the steps of my work). I am really well now, with more than 3 years without any real panic attack or heavy palpitations (wich led me many times in hospitals), but my only problem is that I cannot travel alone, I cannot travel abroad or take the train and be on a boat. I you live in Greece as I do and you cannot visit the islands (which I have done for more than 30 years) is realy depressing. I travel only with my car and my motorcycle but with the present of others.
Sorry for my english Keep up the good work and have faith in you
It will pass even if you have to search all the ways of how you will do it.

venusbluejeans
04-01-17, 15:06
Hiya mt 07 and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

mt 07
04-01-17, 15:12
Thanks a lot. I will. Hope you have everything that will make you happy, safe and adventurous.