PDA

View Full Version : 4 weeks into prozac

spoon
11-04-07, 23:50
Ive been taking prozac for 4 weeks now. I had started to feel the side effects were wearing off and I was feeling a lot better. Then I woke up today feelng incredibly low and just wanted to hide away from the world. Is this normal? I just keep going up and down at the moment.

eastender
12-04-07, 01:05
It seemed to affect me like that after about 4 weeks then gradually seems to have eased and maybe is working better now !

ksmith
12-04-07, 01:13
Mine took almost 7 weeks to work and I had bad side effects initially. OK now though. I kept telling GP they weren't working and he said sometimes they take up to 6 weeks or so to kick in.

ncowan
14-04-07, 11:40
Hi

Just because you are on prozac doesn't mean you won't get down days....it isn't a total cure - just a crutch to help us along.
Don't worry - it's a bumpy ride is depression - hang in there.

Nic x

spoon
14-04-07, 17:07
thanks everyone.

Yes I am starting to figure what i think is going on. The prozac hasnt really kicked in yet and I'm still cycling up and down. Initially they sort of numbed my brain which i though was them working. Perhaps I am in a phase were the side effects have worn off but the real effects have yet to kick in properly. One thing I am finding though is they make me drowsy, I told my doc (who is a bit of a quack to be honest) and he said that they shouldn't. Thanks for the advice about down days Nic, this is all very new to me.

Thanks for the support this place is a real help.