PDA

View Full Version : Can swollen lymph node cause soreness?

Missy1981
04-01-17, 19:21
Last Friday I discovered a swollen lymph node on the right hand side of the back of my neck. The doctor checked it and said she doesn't think it's anything to worry about but because she knows I'm suffering from severe anxiety at the moment has sent me for blood tests which I had this morning as I'm convinced I have lymphoma.

I've been having night sweats about 3 times but I'm also on Sertraline which I know can cause this but of course I'm panicking!

Anyway my neck is sore and to the point it's almost creeping down the back now too and it's really sore where the raised node is. Almost like the skin feels sore like my clothes are rubbing. Is this normal for a swollen node. Do they sometimes hurt? I've not been coping at all well and they say I won't get my bloods back till Monday at the earliest and I don't think I can manage the next 4 days. I feel like I'm having a breakdown

Emily101115
04-01-17, 21:00
From what I know Lympthonia lumps are painless,so I guess the fact yours is sore is a good sign really!

Missy1981
05-01-17, 07:34
From what I know Lympthonia lumps are painless,so I guess the fact yours is sore is a good sign really!

Thanks for your response. I've heard this too but wondered if it was always the case.

My skin also feels like it's on fire and like I have prickly heat. It's really unnerving. Just going out of my mind that it's cancer.

GlassPinata
05-01-17, 07:50
Last Friday I discovered a swollen lymph node on the right hand side of the back of my neck. The doctor checked it and said she doesn't think it's anything to worry about but because she knows I'm suffering from severe anxiety at the moment has sent me for blood tests which I had this morning as I'm convinced I have lymphoma.

I've been having night sweats about 3 times but I'm also on Sertraline which I know can cause this but of course I'm panicking!

Anyway my neck is sore and to the point it's almost creeping down the back now too and it's really sore where the raised node is. Almost like the skin feels sore like my clothes are rubbing. Is this normal for a swollen node. Do they sometimes hurt? I've not been coping at all well and they say I won't get my bloods back till Monday at the earliest and I don't think I can manage the next 4 days. I feel like I'm having a breakdown

See this post: http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showpost.php?p=1630985&postcount=3

I had the exact same... couldn't even stand my shirt collar touching my neck.
It turned out mine wasn't even a lymph node, and the minute I realized it, the "soreness" stopped.
It could be all in your mind.

Missy1981
05-01-17, 10:51
I had the exact same... couldn't even stand my shirt collar touching my neck.
It turned out mine wasn't even a lymph node, and the minute I realized it, the "soreness" stopped.
It could be all in your mind.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for you link and reply. I think mine are lymph nodes and the doctor thinks they are but it's reassuring you have had something similar. I can't differentiate between what are symptoms of my anxiety, what is in my mind, side effects from my meds and possible cancer symptoms. It's draining the life out of me worrying and I'm desperate to get the blood test results back

emnemz
05-01-17, 11:48
I have had lymph nodes in my neck for YEARS! funnily enough, i only noticed them after my HA started (nearly 5 yrs ago) when i brought to the doctors attention, she made a good point, I may always of had them, but only found them due to checking my pulse . mine dont change in size, occasionally are painful, but i have had an ultrasound going back 2 yrs ago and this has satisfied me.

I have lumps and bumps all over! ive got one on my Jaw joint, some on the floor of my mouth, but all have a plausible explination