PDA

View Full Version : The last drop

Brandy snap
12-04-07, 00:01
Hi,

I know this is a very strange question, but I wondered if anyone else has this problem. Every night it takes me ages to finally go to bed as I have to keep going back in the bathroom to check whether another few drops of urine might come out. Even if I just pop downstairs to turn the light off or put something in the airing cupboard etc. (and don't go immediately to bed from the bathroom) I worry I might wet the bed if I don't go to the bathroom again. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Brandy Snap

P.S. I am female

Brandy snap
12-04-07, 14:17
It is me again. Don't usually log on here at work cos no privacy but on my own today as everyone on hols. Been panicking in case my thread was 'inappropriate' and everyone is thinking what a dreadful thing to say. I don't mean I am incontinent. I have never wet the bed. I just mean I worry that if I don't go to bed immediately after going to the bathroom, another drop might be waiting in my bladder. Is this OCD (keep going for one drop at a time)? Brandy Snap. Sorry if it is still inappropriate. I will delete it if necessary.

Jimbo
12-04-07, 14:49
I don't think it's inapropriate Brandy, I've got the exact same fear myself.

I've actually had accidents in the night before, :blush: which makes this even more of a fear for me.

I should really talk to my doc about it, but it's kinda embarassing. I can't believe I'm actually posting this here. :blush: I think it has something to do with stress and anxiety. I often find it very hard to go when I'm very anxious, even if I'm bursting and end up sitting / standing at the loo for ages making sure I try to get every last drop out before bed, in case something happens. Also, I often find anxiety makes you feel like you need to go when you don't. The more I think about it, the worse it seems to get so I'm sure it's not a physical problem. :shrug:

I don't think it's anything to worry about, unless you are spending an abnormal amount of time on the loo obsessing about it. Someone told me there are excersises you can do which help strengthen the pelvic muscles and make you have less of these sort of problems. I think it's more important for women than men, I dunno.:shrug:

I'd be glad to hear from anyone else that has this sort of fear too. I'm sure it's not just us?

Jim

Brandy snap
12-04-07, 16:39
Thanks Jimbo. It's a relief to have a fellow sufferer but sorry you have this problem too. This is after I've spent ages checking that the electric rings on the cooker are off and the computer printer switch is in the off position and I've set two alarm clocks. I also have to check Ceefax last thing every night to see if any toxic fumes are coming our way!

I'm aware of the pelvic floor muscles exercises - they explained at post natal classes. With me, it is more the worry that my bladder might not be completely empty. Even if I read in bed, I still have to get up and go before finally going to sleep as it might have filled up a bit while I was reading, even though I don't feel a bit like it and it takes ages to go! (My husband can have two cups of tea while reading in bed and still doesn't get up to go before going to sleep). I have actually gone to sleep sitting on the loo and woken up as I was falling off sideways!! (I cannot believe I'm writing this either!)

Take care.

Brandy Snap

jordygirl_28
13-04-07, 07:00
I have this problem as well, but I've fixed it a bit by just not having anything to drink about 3 hours before I go to bed and then I know that my bladder probably won't have anything in it.. lol. My problem isn't bad but its still very embarassing and annoying!!

Brandy snap
13-04-07, 15:33
Thanks Jordy Girl. Maybe I could have my Ovaltine earlier. It is usually the second to last thing I do before going to bed as I find Ovaltine relaxing but maybe a bit earlier won't make too much difference to that! Brandy Snap