PDA

View Full Version : Rib pain and paranoid about cancer

JoM
05-01-17, 16:40
Hi
This is my for at time posting about anything like this and I'm hoping someone can calm me down a bit.

For the last two months I have rib pain in the right side. It is all over the ribs, although some spots are sore touch. It also radiates to the back. I have been to the GP and because I had a baby four months ago they say it is probably muscular. They have listened to my lungs and said they're clear and a liver function test came back clear.

I have always suffered with anxiety and have been paranoid about cancer after my mum passing away from it 5 years ago. However, now, maybe because of hormones, it is horrendous and focused on my health. I have convinced myself I have all sorts of cancer but now I have become obsessed with lung cancer. I cannot convince myself otherwise, despite the doctor attempting to reassure me only this morning.

I have been given citalopram for the anxiety today but until these kick in I feel like I can't cope. I'm unable to even focus enough to look after my two young children.

Please if anyone has had anything similar or any reassurance I would be so grateful.