PDA

View Full Version : Is my medicine making me worse!!!

Benisfked123
05-01-17, 17:37
I was prescribed fluoxetine a few weeks ago and lately I've been having a lot of new symptoms happending.
-loss of appetite
-Increased derealization
-I'm either having noises in my brain or I'm hypersensitive to sounds in my body.
-My thoughts sometimes spiral me into bad health anxiety.
-Constant fear of dying (had this anyway)
-feeling sick but not being sick
There's more to mention but these are the mains ones. Is this normal with anti depressants?
I feel I'm never going to recover

Fishmanpa
05-01-17, 17:43
It's pretty common that there are initial side effects that can increase anxiety and symptoms when starting SSRIs.

There's a sub-forum on Prozac in the meds section. Personally I've not been on it but my sister has been taking it for quite a while. She said it took a month or so before things settled down and it kicked in. She's done great on it.

Positive thoughts

Benisfked123
05-01-17, 17:45
Thank you that gives me higher hopes for it. I guess it's just making me worse before better?

Fishmanpa
05-01-17, 17:54
Thank you that gives me higher hopes for it. I guess it's just making me worse before better?

Yeah... I've only been on a SSRI once for depression (Zoloft). The only side effect I had was a dodgy tummy and that lasted the entire time I was on it (6 months). It was when I came off of it that I got the atypical brain zaps and dizziness but that didn't last long. For me, along with therapy, it was the crutch I needed until I got my feet back under me.

So yeah...Give it a chance.

Positive thoughts

Jacqueline7
05-01-17, 18:58
I'm on fluxotine and it definitely makes things worse before better. Hard to imagine worse I know but it. Can. It also can take a while to work but stick with it

Remember we never give up

Jacqueline

Benisfked123
05-01-17, 19:27
I'm on fluxotine and it definitely makes things worse before better. Hard to imagine worse I know but it. Can. It also can take a while to work but stick with it

Remember we never give up

Jacqueline

Thankss, how did it make you worse ???