PDA

View Full Version : Pain in the nether regions

axolotl
06-01-17, 10:30
Ugh, it's always something isn't it? (Maybe TMI alert, but hey, what do you expect in this subforum?).

The other night I went out for a meal and a few drinks and realised I was peeing what seemed a lot more than normal - one pint of fluid = one pee fairly soon after, and never feeling quite "empty".

Later that evening I started with an ache in the right side of my groin/testes, and into my penis. Since then it's continued, flaring up and down in both days since.

A sign that my HA's doing better at the moment is I've not jumped to any big fears, and am fairly sure if it's anything to get looked at it's likely to be an infection rather than anything to worry about. But as I'm not going to realistically be able to see a GP until Monday at the very earliest, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced anything like this, and if it's possibly just "one of those things" that will probably disappear when I get distracted enough to stop thinking about it?

SLA
06-01-17, 11:59
For me its usually one of a few things:

Jeans/pants were too tight.
Woke up in the night needing a piss but held onto it until the morning.
Infection.
Twisted ball.

Colicab85
06-01-17, 12:26
Very likely to be nothing of major concern, however have a little rummage around. Not too much though as you will definitely cause pain if you do.

axolotl
06-01-17, 13:15
Thanks guys, as I say my HA is in a good place at the moment so not in a panic about it.

I've actually had something similar before when I was younger, went to the doctor's and after a quick examination his attitude was essentially "balls just hurt sometimes". I worked out what it was was I worked in a stockroom at the time and had a bad habit of pushing boxes aside with my foot, which was probably causing groin strain.

I'll keep an eye on things.

axolotl
09-01-17, 19:36
Just a follow-up (I hate it when people don't say how it all worked out...).

Went to the doc's tonight, physical exam showed everything was as it should be, no sign of infection in the urine but given some antibiotics in case something's lurking that's not showing up. Doc not 100% what's causing it but said nothing to worry about - one to chalk up to "just one of those things" I reckon.

---------- Post added at 19:36 ---------- Previous post was at 19:36 ----------

Oh and to any guys out there embarrassed to get an exam from a doctor - don't be. They've seen it all before and it's no different to them than looking down someone's throat.

MyNameIsTerry
27-01-17, 07:17
I've got to say, I loved that doctors response "balls just hurt sometimes" :D

I wonder if he wrote that in the notes?

Weeing by the bucket load is a well known one in anxiety.

Sometimes we do just twist or knock them or have some pressure on them for a while.

axolotl
07-03-17, 12:41
An update on this (because I like it when people tell you the conclusions to things). And there may be TMI, just warning...

After two courses of antibiotics I get referred for an ultrasound, although the doctor wasn't concerned. Anxiety spiked for me, and I spent quite a bit of time checking down there, and eventually found a hard "lump". Panic set in, and I totally resigned myself for the big one, went to the doctor, who told me I was just feeling the top of the epididymis, ie part of my normal anatomy, which made me feel a bit of an idiot but was a relief!

I had my ultrasound today and while I still need to discuss the report with the referring doctor, the ultrasound guy told me there and then that there was nothing sinister to panic about, and that he found a varicocele and a small cyst. Obviously a huge relief - a varicocele isn't ideal as it's not something that will go away on its own, but if it keeps flaring up and gives me too much grief then, from what I can gather, it seems it's a simple and routine op to sort it out.

So a general message to the guys out there - don't be too embarrassed to check it out, don't jump to conclusions, and believe docs when they say they're not worried. And don't put two and two together and make five - the perception of weeing too much and the pain ended up totally unconnected!

Sean Yaxley
13-04-17, 17:19
Had a similar experience not so long ago, strange 'ache' in my perineum, of course I done what a lot of people do and started googling, could have been prostitis, a UTI, and any number of things, slightly went into panic mode but turns out it was just a bacterial infection from a hernia operation I had 6 weeks prior!