PDA

View Full Version : Update, deep breaths

Marty_67
06-01-17, 13:09
Hi all, not been on for a while but could do with a bit of support and also thought I would update those who do remember me from a little while ago.

I have suffered with anxiety for a fair few years now and now taking 10-20mg of Cit a day. After a relatively stress-free period, I have been suffering a bit of late.

I wouldn't say I have a drink problem but I am currently trying to drink less as part of dry/drier January. I know it's not a good thing but I do lose myself in a few drinks now and again, not healthy I know but I recognise this. This does not appear to be helping me.

Pressures of life are getting me to a bit, the wife is being made redundant so money is a little tight...job has been stressful etc. etc. The funniest things can trouble me...queuing, waiting for things, decorating, sometimes really weird things.

I'm currently experiencing a state of some agitation. I can feel it inside me. I know I am stressed because I am starting to feel like I need the loo a lot, that's my obvious sign...I guess we all have them. I hate feeling like this.

I have been here before and beaten it, I will do it again.

Anyways up, please do post, I do like to make friends and chat

Marty :)

Mummytofour
06-01-17, 17:38
Hi Marty,

My Mother in law drinks and is on ssri, not cit but another similar one and she feels better when she drinks as it takes away her anxiety but morning it's all back again until she drinks again as the drink counteracts the medication. I don't know how much you drink but if it was a regular thing then maybe now your not drinking your medication is getting to work better now there's no alcohol involved and it may need to settle down a bit first along with the added stress you mentioned.

It's strange with anxiety but even small things can make me on edge and uneasy like change in routine and normal illnesses and things. Let alone big changes. Nightmare isn't it!. I have been back on cit for around 3 months ish now and still having the odd up and down moments currently. More up than down though luckily.

Take time for yourself and don't push yourself too hard when you feel this way. I find if I am having a bad day then I just do what I can and take it easy on myself and it makes me feel less pressured.

Maxine