PDA

View Full Version : Weird symptoms

viking111
06-01-17, 15:49
Hi!
The case I will explain isn't the first time of me experiencing this, but basically yesterday I had a minor headache and went to bed. One hour later, I woke up feeling really confused. My vision was blurry, fuzzy and everything looked unusual and like if everything was huge and small at the same time. Also when I touched anything, like my pillow, blanked, a book or my phone, it looked kind if normal, but it felt like it was really really tiny. Like I saw it normally but touching it felt like it was as tiny as a needle.
I read that this could be alice in the wonderland syndrome, however I didn't have it as severe as it was explained on wikipedia. I also didn't really see any halluciations or anything.
I am also diagnosed with migraine and it says that this can be a side effect of it.
And i've had this around 4 times in my life and it never lasted longer than 2-3 mins. Everytime I have had it was when I was experiencing a bad fever or bad headache.
Is this something concerning? I had all the brainscans done around 2 years ago and everything was fine, except some of my bloodvessels in neck leading to brain are tangled due to bad posture which might cause migraines, as I was explained by a doctor.

Katy_o
06-01-17, 16:14
Hi!
The case I will explain isn't the first time of me experiencing this, but basically yesterday I had a minor headache and went to bed. One hour later, I woke up feeling really confused. My vision was blurry, fuzzy and everything looked unusual and like if everything was huge and small at the same time. Also when I touched anything, like my pillow, blanked, a book or my phone, it looked kind if normal, but it felt like it was really really tiny. Like I saw it normally but touching it felt like it was as tiny as a needle.
I read that this could be alice in the wonderland syndrome, however I didn't have it as severe as it was explained on wikipedia. I also didn't really see any halluciations or anything.
I am also diagnosed with migraine and it says that this can be a side effect of it.
And i've had this around 4 times in my life and it never lasted longer than 2-3 mins. Everytime I have had it was when I was experiencing a bad fever or bad headache.
Is this something concerning? I had all the brainscans done around 2 years ago and everything was fine, except some of my bloodvessels in neck leading to brain are tangled due to bad posture which might cause migraines, as I was explained by a doctor.

You've pretty much just answered your own question. You've been diagnosed as a migraine sufferer, and this "Alice in Wonderland Syndrome" you've said from your research is a symptom of migraine. You said it's happened around 4 times in your life. I'm assuming at least 1 of these episodes has happened prior to the brain scan you had 2 years ago? The brain scan that came back as normal? I appreciate it must be pretty scary when it happens to you, but it sounds like you've had a pretty thorough investigation and you've had a diagnosis.

viking111
06-01-17, 16:18
You've pretty much just answered your own question. You've been diagnosed as a migraine sufferer, and this "Alice in Wonderland Syndrome" you've said from your research is a symptom of migraine. You said it's happened around 4 times in your life. I'm assuming at least 1 of these episodes has happened prior to the brain scan you had 2 years ago? The brain scan that came back as normal? I appreciate it must be pretty scary when it happens to you, but it sounds like you've had a pretty thorough investigation and you've had a diagnosis.

Yeah, it has happened before, however I never told it to a doctor before as it is kinda easy to forget all this. And yeah, it is kinda scary and confusing, but I guess nothing really concerning.