PDA

View Full Version : Son has lump on knee

Itsnotatumororisit
06-01-17, 22:40
This is my first post. I'm terrified.

My beautiful, perfect 3 year old son is the love of my life and more. 2.5 weeks ago, out of nowhere, I saw a dime-sized lump right where his kneecap would be. It's soft and mobile. It's very slightly pink. It's gotten slightly bigger. He has no known injury. It doesn't bother him.

So I'm a nurse in a hospital, which makes me panic even more as uncommon things seem common in my world. As such, the very next day, I had him in for an Xray (which showed nothing) and an ultrasound (which showed nothing). Ultrasound didn't even show this lump, which I can SEE WITH MY EYES.

I've made the mistake of googling "toddler knee lump" (not recommended). I keep reading about sarcomas, and how they're often mistaken for benign things and are soft, painless, mobile and round. They usually aren't diagnosed until it's too late because everyone thinks it's nothing. --A true hypochondriac's nightmare. Three doctors weren't excited about it, but all said "watch and wait," which makes me envision cancer spreading all over while we sit idly by.

I'm barely able to make it through the work day, I'm so afraid. I don't know how I'm going to bring myself to trust the doctors and not think it's a misdiagnosis.

Can you give me advice on benign knee lumps, and on how to let this go? Please. I'm begging. I want to return to my beautiful life with my beautiful son being healthy and happy forever.

Cross-posting for more info. Thank you.