PDA

View Full Version : Mad Cow Disease!

puggle
07-01-17, 04:00
I know this sounds ridiculous but my mother stored ground beef in the freezer, covered in just a bit of plastic wrap, and my pint of ice cream was leaning up against it. After finishing the ice cream I immediately start to think about getting Mad cow disease and did some research on it, and literally put myself into a panic attack (literally crying). Can you even get mad cow like this? I'm in the US by the way...

worriermama
07-01-17, 05:02
LOL, you have to give him credit for getting inventive with the prion thing though.

In all seriousness, though, puggle, just remind yourself that people voluntarily eat burgers that are basically raw inside on a regular basis! Eating ice cream that was near some ground beef in a freezer is not a high-risk activity. :)

axolotl
07-01-17, 14:14
As others have said, I'm not even sure what mechanism a wrapped bit of beef, somewhere near some ice cream, in a freezer, would even have to spread mad cow disease!

Elen
07-01-17, 15:33
As per Nic's previous instructions sarcastic comments have been removed

GlassPinata
07-01-17, 15:34
Here in the US, it's the Ice Cream itself we have to worry about!
Have you guys heard of the Blue Bell ice Cream recall, because it was contaminated with bacteria? Yikes! Now that one put me into a panic. i do love my ice cream.