PDA

View Full Version : Scared that I might have leukemia/cancer.

Strovbe
07-01-17, 11:21
Hello, so a day ago I started getting a runny nose and LOTS of mucus buildup in addition to feeling very weak. Out of nowhere today I had an extremely sore throat, I can hardly move, like I'm bedridden, and I just came very close to vomiting. I'm scared it's leukemia because most every time I brush my teeth there's a good amount of blood. I've also been feeling slightly under the weather since about November. What do you guys think?

ServerError
07-01-17, 11:33
I think you have a cold. Maybe the flu if you really are bedridden.

I also think you have gum disease. Unpleasant, but very common and a much more likely diagnosis than leukaemia.

Strovbe
07-01-17, 11:44
What of the feeling off since November? Seasonal depression maybe? I do suffer from it but it's never made me sick before

KeeKee
07-01-17, 13:48
From what I've read gums bleeding from leukemia aren't caused by irritation, they are spontaneous. It's very common to get bleeding gums whilst brushing, especially if you have something such as gum disease or gingivitis. My dentist recommended flossing for me when my gums used to bleed as the food can get caught under the gums and cause inflammation and bleeding gums.

NoraB
07-01-17, 16:39
Hello, so a day ago I started getting a runny nose and LOTS of mucus buildup in addition to feeling very weak. Out of nowhere today I had an extremely sore throat, I can hardly move, like I'm bedridden, and I just came very close to vomiting. I'm scared it's leukemia because most every time I brush my teeth there's a good amount of blood. I've also been feeling slightly under the weather since about November. What do you guys think?

My gums started bleeding spontaneously a few months back...so after a swift consultation with Dr Google MD, I diagnosed myself with leukemia.

It turned out to be Vit D deficiency. :whistles:

It's most commonly down to gum disease.

Worry not.

GlassPinata
07-01-17, 16:41

I think you have a cold, and the bleeding gums are unrelated.
Gingivitis is common, and having a little blood in the toothpaste after you brush your teeth is common as well. I'd say this happens to more people than not.
Please don't worry. These things are not typically signs of anything serious, let alone cancer.

Strovbe
12-01-17, 01:00
Thank you guys. I'm feeling slightly better - albeit a little weak. I kept trying to hock up phlegm from my throat and spit out a little gob of blood, I'm assuming I damaged a blood vessel or cut my throat cause it hurts like hell. But like I said, nowhere near as bad. Great ful for you guys helping me calm down.

LF87
12-01-17, 09:36
Is the mucus thing a sign of leukemia? This is my fear at the moment as I have those blood spots. I've got a horrendous cough/cold that I've had like 12 days now and I'm very mucusy?

Strovbe
13-01-17, 08:40
Is the mucus thing a sign of leukemia? This is my fear at the moment as I have those blood spots. I've got a horrendous cough/cold that I've had like 12 days now and I'm very mucusy?

Absolutely not, the mucus is more than likely just the cold/allergies. Honestly, it could be a few things, but NONE of those things are leukemia or even slightly dangerous at all.