PDA

View Full Version : Hives and cramps?

unicorn1016
07-01-17, 12:10
About a month or so ago I started getting a rash that wasn't particularly itchy, just small red dots/blotches that started under my arms and spread around to most places on my body. Then I began getting cramps in my lower abdomen about two weeks after this started. They always came in the morning and were quite painfully. The doctors said it was an allergy however I have had testing and nothing has come up. I am taking antihistamines yet am still having symptoms. Does anyone know what this could be or have an experience similar? Really desperate for a solution!

PanickyGuy
07-01-17, 20:47
Well have you been eating any kind of new foods lately, that you've hardly or never eat before? Like peanuts, cashews, walnuts, eggs, anchovies, fish, shrimp, shellfish, etc?

I ask that because I had a childhood friend that had similar symptoms like you described and other symptoms as well, turned out he was allergic to shellfish. Only in his case it was a helluva lot worse for him. Don't worry, he's still alive today. Lol - he just doesn't eat shellfish anymore.

unicorn1016
07-01-17, 23:14
Well have you been eating any kind of new foods lately, that you've hardly or never eat before? Like peanuts, cashews, walnuts, eggs, anchovies, fish, shrimp, shellfish, etc?

I ask that because I had a childhood friend that had similar symptoms like you described and other symptoms as well, turned out he was allergic to shellfish. Only in his case it was a helluva lot worse for him. Don't worry, he's still alive today. Lol - he just doesn't eat shellfish anymore.

Thanks for your answer, I haven't been eating any new foods that I now if, but I'm thinking about everything I have been eating recently! Hopefully it will just go away or I'll learn to avoid a certain food.