PDA

View Full Version : hooray for broken bone fears!

Sam Winter
07-01-17, 14:08
Yay its me again, my day was going quite well until I was getting off a bus and the doors decided to close on me(not too much thanks to my backpack, but I definitely felt it hit my arm a little) and now my arm/wrist/hand hurts a little(understandably) and I'm just terrified I've broken it :weep: x

---------- Post added at 14:08 ---------- Previous post was at 14:05 ----------

And my other arm too as my wrist feels a little sore too

axolotl
07-01-17, 14:16
If you'd broken any bones you'd feel more than just "a little sore", and I don't think they make buses with doors that close so powerfully they can break people's bones!

Sam Winter
07-01-17, 14:42
That's very true thanks for the reassurance, my whole arm aches and burns ny brain doesn't know which part to be anxious about �� haha x

Gary A
07-01-17, 15:21
That's very true thanks for the reassurance, my whole arm aches and burns ny brain doesn't know which part to be anxious about �� haha x

How about none of it?

axolotl
07-01-17, 15:31
You bashed your arm. It hurts a bit. It'll go off. That just how being a human works. ;)

GlassPinata
07-01-17, 16:46
I had a broken arm when I was a kid, and if you had one, you'd know. It is a level of pain where you can't keep from crying, and possibly screaming.

Now, when I was a kid (before i actually broke my arm) I also had a fear of broken bones. This fear stemmed from overhearing some adults at a family gathering talking, and one of them related a story about a child with a broken leg where his bone was actually sticking out through his skin. According to the adult telling the story, this child didn't even feel it, and nobody realized until his mother noticed the bone sticking out.

As an adult, i realize that story is patently ridiculous and could not have happened, but as a child, after hearing it, I became afraid to take off my pants or boots for fear I would "see" that a broken bone was sticking out of my leg, one that I had not been aware of. Lol.
The way our minds work.
More and more, I am realizing that my anxiety disorder has been an ever-present factor in my life, for as long as I can remember.
I don't even know who i would be, without it.

Sam Winter
07-01-17, 20:52
Thanks for all the reassurance! and inspiration GlassPInata x
now that's it been a few hours i can't help but laugh at the fact i worked with horses all day and it's the bus that ends up hurting me :roflmao:

SLA
07-01-17, 21:59
Would it be fair to say you look for reasons to worry?

swajj
07-01-17, 23:43
It is pretty clear from your threads seeking constant reassurance that you need help to deal with your anxiety, so are you getting any?

Sam Winter
08-01-17, 00:05
I've got short term therapy(about 10 sessions i think) of CBT which is about the best i'm going to get at least for a while, i've only had 2 and then the christmas and new period came up so i've had a long gap in-between, i think my next is Thursday? i'm usually pretty good at dealing with my anxieties alone but i've been really on age thanks to Christmas, and both personal/family issues which certainly hasn't helped(i'm in no putting the full blame on it though x) i just have moments where if something happens my anxiety will take over me like i'm a different person and i'll ramble to anyone who'll listen but then later after calming down i'll think about how much of a idiot i am, i'm actually laughing about this now lol x