PDA

View Full Version : So getting anxiety from last night after a works meal may not have paid enough

Lockey1995
07-01-17, 16:33
Hey,

So last night I went for a meal with a few people from work and others there was 14 in total and at the end they were short by 15 when they collected everyone's money I can remember having one more thing off the desert menu for 3.50 I think it was I added it all up off their online menu lol it came to £15.35 because it's bothering me that much I did say last night to the one i went with I may have been 3-4 off and now I feel guilty if it was me.

She didn't really say much but now I don't know but i feel really guilty about it :( It was 15 or so off in total there's no way i would've been short by 15 but i just can't stop thinking about it today and I don't know what to do :(.

This is why i don't like going to social events because something always seems to go tits up.

GlassPinata
07-01-17, 16:39
I'm like this too. I think those of us with anxiety tend to replay social interactions in our heads afterward, dissect them, look for things we might have done wrong.
If you feel guilty, it's an easy fix.
Next time you see these coworkers, tell them that you think you may have accidentally underpayed, and that you didn't realize it until afterward, and offer to reimburse them anything they think you might owe them.
They probably won't know what you are talking about and will tell you not to be silly, but at least it will prove to everyone that you are well-intentioned and weren't deliberately shorting anyone.