PDA

View Full Version : new here... high resting heart rate and spikes with any movement

tga
08-01-17, 02:56
good evening everyone, I found this for him while searching for answers to calm my fears about a new heart issue that seems to have developed in me.

I found a couple of good posts that I read, but they all seem to be just a little different than what I am dealing with. I was hoping maybe others could give me some insight into what they have experienced or what they might now. I would greatly appreciate any thoughts that you might have as in addition to anxiety problems, I have a severe phobia of doctors and have been just hoping this will all go back to normal soon.

I felt extremely bad when I woke up one morning last week and used a finger oxygen monitor for my mothers congestive heart failure her. I noticed that wall still laying in bed my heart rate was in the 90s and my oxygen kept dropping to the low 90s. I monitor it for a short time while staying in bed and then just left it on my finger as I started to get up. As soon as I set up the monitor started beeping an alarm because my oxygen went below 93 and my heart rate went to 130. I have continue to monitor my heart rate with an iwatch and bought a blood pressure wrist monitor and since that day and have found that my resting heart rate varies between the mid 70s to 100 with no connection that I can find with why sometimes it stays in the 90s and sometimes it will drop to the 70s. One thing that has remained consistent, is the fact that when I move even my arms around, it goes up. The first couple of days that I monitored the heart rate it would spike to 150 or 160 by simply standing up and walking around. It seems that the last couple of days the numbers have decreased slightly, but the spikes are still there whenever I stand up or move around. The first few days I monitor blood pressure, it did the same thing going between 120/80 and 130s/70s and then would spike and one time it even went as high as 176/118. I became very worried at that point and monitor the blood pressure more often and have found the last couple of days that it is remaining between 110/70's and 120s/ 80s. The highest spike I have gotten the last couple of days was 150/76. but other than the spikes, the resting blood pressure has remained almost perfect again.

I know that was a lot of detail and number, and I'm not looking for a diagnosis or cures but I was just trying to be thorough in example regarding what is going on and I didn't know a better way to do it then to add the numbers. I hope it did not seem like too much information but I am just hoping that somebody can provide insight or other thoughts. Thank you so much for any suggestions or ideas you might have.

PanickyGuy
08-01-17, 19:10
It's hard to say with your situation, TGA, but what I do know is that anxiety and especially panic disorder will spike your blood pressure and heart rate at any time, even when you don't think your being anxious. And we can even cause the body to do it subconsciously at certain times during key moments, when we don't think we're doing it and we think there is something else terribly wrong with our bodies.

Take the example of your phobia of doctors, I have that too and they call it "White Coat Syndrome". At first when I first noticed the spike in blood pressure at a doctors office, I thought that I just had high blood pressure or something because I was getting older, but I found out later on it was all because of "build up" in fear of what the doctor might find something else wrong with me besides just having the common cold or a sinus infection. Still get that way sometimes, blood pressure spikes right up there when I'm at the doc's office, but not as much as I use to.

BTW, speaking of which, have you been to the doctor about this yet? And if you have, what did they say?

Fishmanpa
08-01-17, 21:18
Can I ask why you're so closely monitoring your blood pressure, heart rate and Ox levels? Has a doctor advised you to do so? If not, it's best not to do that as all it does is feed your anxiety.

FYI... I have heart disease (two heart attacks, bypass and stents + angina) and have been ordered to monitor my levels. All your readings fall within normal levels. Even the pre-hypertension levels are of no concern ;)

Positive thoughts