PDA

View Full Version : Convinced this is the end

Gordknight
08-01-17, 11:12
So around back in May/June I started having frequent urination. Like an insane amount. Had to pee all the time. Went to my GP and of course all the regular tests were done, IE: Blood (kidneys are fine) checked for STDs etc... The diagnosis was either urethritis or prostrritis. No stds or bacterial infection of any kind was found. (Im male) age 34. Antibiotics didnt do much and eventually the frequent urination cleared up on its own.

Then a few months ago when I peed (sorry if too graphic) it hurt like a bitch. Just one time it hurt. Never since. I randomly have a little bit of aching in my groin/bladder area. Then a few weeks later when urinating I noticed a white/red glob in that was passed. Like mucus or tissue. I kept an eye on it and it didnt happen again till a few days ago.

After of course looking at google I am convinced that it is bladder cancer. I called my urologist because I Want to schedule a cytoscopy but they cant see me to set one up until the 24th of January. My goes wild thinking about how I have to keep my shit together till then. Having already really had and treated stage 1 melanoma in my life isnt helping. Its almost like I just know this is another cancer I will have to fight/go through.

I havent seen any stones pass. Anyone who has advice or has any sort of experience about this please let me know! I am sinking into a depression over this.

Beckybecks
08-01-17, 11:27
There are so so many other things it could be. Why do we always think of the worst thing? I know, I do the same!

I've had some issues with kidney and bladder in the past. I was very anxious but they weren't serious.
I don't know what it is you passed but it's surely what caused the pain.

I was told that sometimes instead of kidney stones (which I understand are very painful) we have something like gravel, which we pass in our urine. It can cause some pain too.

Anyway, this is what I had, I was given medication and it cleared up never to return.
However I've always been careful to drink a lot of water since then.

Please don't tell yourself it's cancer when it's most likely something very small.
I do know that with bladder cancer you would be passing blood every time you urinate.
My brother had it.