PDA

View Full Version : Foods to Eat

A1679
08-01-17, 11:52
Hi all,
I get anxiety and would like to know which foods are best to be avoided and which foods should I eat to help get better. I feel this is the right place to ask for advice.
Thank you,

Andrew.

Rmp123
08-01-17, 12:01
Caffeine is a real trigger for me, after coffee or tea I know I'm in for a rough ride which is tough because I absolutely love a good cuppa. I've tried limiting myself to only one or two cups a day and have started having peppermint or chamomile tea in the evenings. Food wise I think it's pretty straightforward in that sugary and fatty foods are no good. Lots of fruit and vegetables are advised and things like spinach, blueberries and nuts are all apparently good mood boosters.

A1679
08-01-17, 12:19
Awww thank you, I used to drink lots of coffee and since this anxiety started in Feb 16 I then started drinking camomile and honey tea but I have had the odd caffine but now I stay well away from it and anything alcoholic. I do eat a lot of chocolate and lucazade. But yeah I will take your advice.

All advice welcome, I'm trying to be the person I was before Feb 16 so all help and advice is appreciated.

NoraB
08-01-17, 13:07
Since February, I've ditched alcohol (which hurt cus I like my real ale) sugar, caffeine, and most recently - gluten. I'm not allergic to wheat but I thought I might be sensitive in the same way I've become sensitive to other stuff. There was an immediate improvement in my anxiety and energy. I actually had normal energy - not the psycho kind I am used to. That was two weeks ago. However, because a lot of GF substitutes are rice based, my arse has gone on strike which has upped my HA again. As it does..

So I went back on the gluten yesterday and felt terrible. Within half an hour of eating wholemeal bread, I felt nauseous and exhausted, then I had a migraine and I should point out that it's the first since I went gluten free. So today I am back on GF because there does seem to be a sensitivity with it. I'm balancing the constipation issues with a magnesium supplement and upping the amount of veg I eat..

Point is, it might be worth you giving GF a try and see if it helps you?

I see you eat chocolate and drink Lucozade?

"According to the nutrition label and Action on Sugar's energy drinks survey 2015, one 500ml bottle of Lucozade original contains 43.5g of sugar which is the equivalent of 11 teaspoons."

Nuff said!:winks:

A1679
08-01-17, 13:19
Thank you for sharing, I will also look towards trying GF foods, regards Andrew.

Further advice from other members would be most useful.

GlassPinata
08-01-17, 19:08
Caffeine is a big trigger for me; other than that I haven't noticed foods contributing much one way or the other.