PDA

View Full Version : Where are your groin nodes at exactly?

Leslie735
08-01-17, 14:32
A few days ago I was checking around, I know! Ugh! Anyway, I found this lump down below. It's small maybe pinky nail size, feels like a firm rubbery pea but a little flatter than that. It's totally painless and cannot move. It's located about 2 inches south of my bikini line, and about 2 inches over from the crease of my leg. I can only feel it when I'm standing or sitting. If I lay on my back it flattens out and it's difficult to feel. I'm terrified its a swollen groin node. I haven't been sick or anything and it's the only one I feel. I cannot find the same thing on the other side. Looking at diagrams the groin nodes are more in the crease of the leg and this is over from that area. I'm totally freaked out!

GlassPinata
08-01-17, 19:03
If youre thin, you can usually feel those. It's only a problem if they're bigger than a cm, and even then it could be enlarged because of something like athlete's foot, a cut on your leg, a yeast infection, anything.

Leslie735
08-01-17, 19:57
I'm definitely not thin. :/

Fishmanpa
08-01-17, 20:08
I know nodes. I also know where your groin nodes are but with respect, I'm not going to feed your anxiety. There's no reason whatsoever to be poking and prodding. Doing so can and does cause a node to react and swell and constant poking and prodding can and does cause a node to become permanently swollen or "shotty".

Most people can feel their nodes if they poke and prod enough and most people have no clue what their feeling or any relation to the actual size.

We have over 600 nodes in our body. They're the body's "sewer system" if you will. Their job is to filter out nasties. Humans get a lot of nasties so it's totally normal for a node to react to an infection or virus.

What I'm getting at is there's no reason to poke and prod. Keep your hands to yourself if you know what I mean ;)

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
08-01-17, 20:38
This didn't come up because I was poking. I started to and it was there. So I didn't cause it. I think this is too far over to be a node but I'm unsure. I tried looking at diagrams but they were all so different. This is located 2 inches over from the leg crease. I'm being rational and thinking it's just a muscle lump or something. If I know it's not a node, I'll relax and assume it's nothing. I can't get in to see my Dr until next month. :(

Fishmanpa
08-01-17, 20:43
This didn't come up because I was poking. I started to and it was there. So I didn't cause it.

Ummm...

A few days ago I was checking around, I know! Ugh! Anyway, I found this lump down below.

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
08-01-17, 21:07
Yes, a few days ago, I randomly checked this area and it was there. Before few days ago I wasn't checking this area. So upon first inspection, it was there. Sorry for the confusion.

Fishmanpa
08-01-17, 21:21
Yes, a few days ago, I randomly checked this area and it was there. Before few days ago I wasn't checking this area. So upon first inspection, it was there. Sorry for the confusion.

The point is, don't self-examine yourself!. There's no need to and you've been around long enough to know you'll always find something for your anxiety to latch onto which is exactly what happened.. i.e. This thread ;)

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
08-01-17, 21:24
The point is, don't self-examine yourself!. There's no need to and you've been around long enough to know you'll always find something for your anxiety to latch onto which is exactly what happened.. i.e. This thread ;)

Positive thoughts

I know and I completely agree. Believe me I realize what my anxiety is doing. So am I suppose to just ignore what I've found? That's the hurdle I can't get past. How do.i know it's something harmless?

KeeKee
08-01-17, 21:44
I thought I had a groin node swollen, went through the embarrassment of getting my GP to check it, turns out it was ligament.
I was told an actual swollen groin node would be right down, not where you've described (which is where mine is).

Leslie735
08-01-17, 21:54
I thought I had a groin node swollen, went through the embarrassment of getting my GP to check it, turns out it was ligament.
I was told an actual swollen groin node would be right down, not where you've described (which is where mine is).

I've wondered if that's what this could be. It feels like a pea though. It flattens when I lay down and it's harder to find.

Fishmanpa
08-01-17, 22:08
I know and I completely agree. Believe me I realize what my anxiety is doing. So am I suppose to just ignore what I've found? That's the hurdle I can't get past. How do.i know it's something harmless?

Because otherwise, you're feeling absolutely fine and there are no symptoms of anything else going on. You're giving in to your HA and making something out of nothing IMO :) There's always the fact of how many times have you done this previously and it was nothing? ;)

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
09-01-17, 03:35
Because otherwise, you're feeling absolutely fine and there are no symptoms of anything else going on. You're giving in to your HA and making something out of nothing IMO :) There's always the fact of how many times have you done this previously and it was nothing? ;)

Positive thoughts

You're right but what if... If I know it's not a node, I'd relax.

GlassPinata
09-01-17, 04:28
You're right but what if... If I know it's not a node, I'd relax.

Even IF it is a node, relax. Your body is doing it's job! please relax.:yesyes:

Fishmanpa
09-01-17, 05:58
Even IF it is a node, relax. Your body is doing it's job! please relax.:yesyes:

Even IF it is a node it's not even inflamed for goodness sakes!

You have "What if?" disease (HA). That is obvious! ;)

Positive thoughts

Leslie735
09-01-17, 13:31
Usually I don't fret over reactive nodes (I've had some in my neck before) but, if this is even a node, is not behaving the way those do. Its not sore, its not soft and it doesn't move. Those are usually sore, softish, and movable. Ugh I'm just going to try and leave it alone for now. I see my doctor next month for a yearly check up. This is my first rodeo with freaking out over nodes.