PDA

View Full Version : Worries about HIV

Jamie123
08-01-17, 17:22
I often bite the skin of my fingers and they look horrible but its an awful habit I have developed and they often bleed. I am worried I may have contracted some disease from this and the 1 I am most scared of is HIV:weep:

ServerError
08-01-17, 17:29
That's pretty much impossible.

GlassPinata
08-01-17, 19:09
That couldn't happen. Please speak to your doctor so he can put your mind at ease.

Fishmanpa
08-01-17, 20:00
That's pretty much impossible.

Actually, that "is" impossible ;)

Positive thoughts

MyNameIsTerry
08-01-17, 20:18
He's probably thinking about open wounds touching other ppeople with it being hands But unless the other person has open wounds to transfer their HIV, it's just not going to be a possibility.

Jamie123
11-01-17, 01:31
Im worried what if there was blood somewhere and I touched it and it went on my finger

GlassPinata
11-01-17, 01:38
Im worried what if there was blood somewhere and I touched it and it went on my finger

HIV is a weak, fragile virus that does not survive outside the body or on surfaces for very long (unlike, say, Hep C.).
I don't think there has ever been a recorded case, in human history, of someone contracting HIV in the manner you are describing.
However, we use our hands constantly, and so by having open wounds on your hands you are exposing yourself to a lot of bacteria in your environment, and a possible infection (not an HIV infection. I mean, the sores on your fingers could get painfully infected). There is a lot of bacteria in our mouths, as well, so gnawing the skin off your fingers probably isn't the wisest idea.
Perhaps you should simply try to break this unhygienic habit. They sell a bitter-tasting medicine that nail-biters paint onto their fingers to prevent biting. it is safe; it is even used on children, to stop them biting their nails. Maybe you should get some of that.
Good luck.