PDA

View Full Version : Leg Weakness Concerns

mattpenny94
08-01-17, 19:29
Hi everyone,
I'm a 23 year old male who suffers from quite bad health anxiety and over a week ago I was suffering from constant twitching in the back of my upper legs. I though this was odd but after a few days it subsided. But although the twitching stopped, whenever I sat down my legs would get very cold. Not to the touch but it was as if my legs were filling up with cold water all the way down to my feet. This made me very worried indeed. After a couple of days the cold feeling got a bit better but I can still feel this sensation to a lesser extent as I type this. At the moment my dominant symptom is in my left leg which feels very weak, I can still walk but I can notice it takes a little bit of effort. There is also sporadic twitching in my calf muscle and sometime in my toes. I have made a docs appointment but I have to wait a fortnight. I'm incredibly anxious as to what this could be as I'm convinced I have some sort of neurological disorder which scares me to death. I was wondering if you guys have any ideas as to what is going on? Thanks very much.

PanickyGuy
08-01-17, 19:55
Yeah but it also could be something simple and I wouldn't assume the worse. Because it could be a combination of anxiety and a pinched nerve or just one or the other.

So try not to worry about it and think positive, okay? :winks:

mattpenny94
08-01-17, 23:52
Thanks for your reply, so are the symptoms I'm describing common with anxiety?

Josh1234
09-01-17, 03:03
Benign Fasciculation Syndrome

PanickyGuy
09-01-17, 18:41
Thanks for your reply, so are the symptoms I'm describing common with anxiety?

I've had leg weakness many times with anxiety\panic disorder. And I've had the muscle twitching thing before many times too, but I always thought it was related more to having too much caffeine in my system. Doesn't mean it's not anxiety related too.

I've had cold or sweaty hands or feet lots of times, especially in the arms and hands. Not so much in the legs in my case, but it doesn't mean it can't happen from anxiety.

So always keep in mind that anxiety will mess with your head and try not to assume the worse. :winks: