PDA

View Full Version : If You Could Offer 1 Bit Of Advice?

samtheman
12-04-07, 14:53
If you could offer 1 bit of advice to a newbie who has only just got Anxiety what would that be?

I think the most important bit of advice I could offer would be to just get on with your life. I went downhill when I started all my researching on the net, avoiding situation etc. Just ignore it the best you can.:)

julieG
12-04-07, 16:42
MIne would be to remember that you will get better and that your life will not be like this forever - there is light at the end of the tunnel!!

JulieG

shoegal
12-04-07, 16:46
My advice would be ..... accept things as they are and take each day as it comes.

Love shoegal xxx

sarah1984
12-04-07, 17:07
Learn to challenge negative-thinking!

Slothette
12-04-07, 18:34
Don't avoid doing anything (easier said than done I know!!)

Lexxie xxx

Ellen70
12-04-07, 18:35
Mine would be not to beat yourself up about having an anxiety problem and to keep looking after yourself and to be kind to yourself. Two decades on of having panic and this is something that I am still trying to do for myself, I have never had any compassion on myself.

kid a
12-04-07, 18:47
Don't stop, and talk to people about anything on your mind. Also, I would say doing something every day that challenges you in some way. I found that by doing a small thing, and seeing the results of that thing be a positive kind of rewired my thinking.

Accept that no one has the upperhand

Do the very next thing to get to where u want to be, no matter how small or seemingly insignificant.

Make the very best out of your current situation.:yesyes:

samc100
12-04-07, 20:03
Be really kind to yourself and make time just for you. And it doesn't stay so crazy and mad forever.

ksmith
13-04-07, 00:22
Read, read and read as much as you can about the subject and then you'll be in a better position to tackle it!

Kay x