PDA

View Full Version : Emetophobia 😷

1eah0livia
08-01-17, 21:23
Hello!
I'm new to forums and am amazed I've made it this far!
I didn't know that what I was suffering with is a phobia until a couple of days ago I've been suffering for about 32 years feeling ashamed and pathetic! I have emetophobia (fear of seeing people being sick, the noise of somebody being sick or the fear if someone being sick on me).
I would be grateful for any help or advice from anybody suffering the same as myself.
Best wishes to everybody x

venusbluejeans
08-01-17, 21:28
Hiya 1eah0livia and welcome to NMP :welcome:

Why not take a look at our articles on our home page, they contain a wealth of information and are a great starting place for your time on the forum.

I hope you find the as site helpful and informative as I have and that you get the help and support you need here and hope that you meet a few friends along the way :yesyes:

1eah0livia
08-01-17, 22:09
Hello and thank you for your reply.
I'm taking the rest of the night off as it's taken me hours to find 'no more panic'. I have information overload from trawling through websites and groups trying to find something that feels right.
I'm going to sit with my pen and note pad tomorrow and do some reading and hopefully begin my journey to be able to live comfortably with my fear or better still get rid if it forever.
Good luck on your journey and thank you again ��

Clydesdale Epona
09-01-17, 01:46
Hey there x.
i don't personally have emetophobia (i used to) but my brother actually does, it is a struggle but like most phobias you can get over it x.

i don't like to cocky but i'm a forum king :winks: can't count how many i'm on :roflmao: i'm certain you will find this place pretty helpful, i know i have lol,
best wishes :hugs:

GS83
09-01-17, 20:06
Hi there

I'm new to and have been emetaphobic for as long as I can remember. I'm actually so much better than I was, mine has now changed o relationship anxiety. Is the far just of other people or yourself being ill too?

Gem xx

NancyW
10-01-17, 02:41
Ive,had this for as far back as I can remember. I never knew it had a name.

jamesgdev
10-01-17, 16:43
Hi There. You are not alone :) I have been suffering for a few years now. getting better with support.

DoraFlora
10-01-17, 23:42
Hello!
I'm new to forums and am amazed I've made it this far!
I didn't know that what I was suffering with is a phobia until a couple of days ago I've been suffering for about 32 years feeling ashamed and pathetic! I have emetophobia (fear of seeing people being sick, the noise of somebody being sick or the fear if someone being sick on me).
I would be grateful for any help or advice from anybody suffering the same as myself.
Best wishes to everybody x

Far be it from me to tell you to not feel ashamed or pathetic, but I feel strongly that others here would back me on that.
It takes a lot of insight and self-awareness to put a name to some of the unpleasant things you've been experiencing.

I hope with work you can break down the fear, dissect it, and reach a point where it doesn't have the same power over you.
That's the hope for all of us in our own ways.

-Dora