PDA

View Full Version : Had to start new thread - leukemia? Freaking out

LF87
09-01-17, 10:06
Hi.
I posted yesterday about the bright red spots on my skin, what I think are cherry spots. I've had some of them a long time so learned not to worry over them. But on Christmas day I noticed some little pimple type spots, not like the cherry ones, scattered around my tummy. They felt a little itchy but didn't think much. Anyway, two days ago one of them started itching and now it's gone red. In fairness it has gone down a bit from red back to a pale pink, but I am demented. I begged my boyfriend to Google leukemia rash to hopefully try reassure me but he refuses, says he's 'not entering into this' with me anymore. So I got my sister in law to, and she sent me a picture of a person with it and they were huge awful purple rashes, but I know she'll have just found the most extreme one to make me feel better!
I just hoped someone had spoken to a doctor about similar worries and could maybe console me. Are they itchy risen dots? Or under the skin? My bf did agree to check symptoms on NHS for me (but not the rashes) and said there wasn't even a mention of itchy spots. But, I have read some stuff on here that's telling me otherwise. It doesn't help that I've had a cough and cold for ages, bit my mum and a few others have had it too. Although mine seems to be lasting longer...
Any help would be so appreciated I can't concentrate on anything

SLA
09-01-17, 10:16
What would you be concentrating on if you could concentrate?

i.e What do you do when you're not worrying about your health?

LF87
09-01-17, 10:33
I've have an assignment to finish for Wednesday but have spent 2 hours reading people's posts about itchy bumps. Someone actually wrote they'd read somewhere that itchy bumps are a sign of it so now I'm utterly terrified

Gary A
09-01-17, 10:40
Begging people to google things for you is taking reassurance seeking to another level. Your sister in law found something that should reassure you, but you've dismissed it off hand because, frankly, you won't be happy until you've got something to worry about.

Small itchy spots on the skin could be caused by an absolute multitude of things, leukemia isn't even on the list. Chances are it's a minor skin irritation or something along those lines.

LF87
09-01-17, 11:23
Thanks Gary A. Yes, new levels is right. I'm like a woman possessed at the minute. I'm hoping this cold will go away cos I'll get back to the gym and feeling normal but it just will not budge.
And I've just become so obsessed with my cherry spots and these pimple things even though I know I've diagnosed myself with about 6 diseases in two months.
It's just hard not to worry wheh they're visible things

LF87
09-01-17, 15:59
I'm just wondering though, why have these pimples lasted so long. They weren't itchy before but they are a little now. Spots usually just disappear after a few days but they've been there since Christmas day - they aren't like the cherry spots they're just like little pimples. Please help :(

---------- Post added at 15:59 ---------- Previous post was at 15:34 ----------

I've just gone to itch my shoulder and there's another one there and an itchy one on my hand, tiny little pimples. I'm on meltdown

Catherine S
09-01-17, 16:40
I think leukemia would have shown itself much more aggressively than this. I know all illnesses have to start with something but this one would definately even start with extremely debilitating symptoms even if a rash is said to be part of it . Could you have flea bites from a pet or something?

ISB x

LF87
09-01-17, 17:17
I don't have pets, my boyfriend does have a dog though. He doesn't have any itchiness though. I know, it's seems feasible with an illness of the blood that you'd be very poorly, but I've had a cough and cold for a week now and I'm putting two and two together.