PDA

View Full Version : panic please help - reasurrance needed

Vigilante
09-01-17, 11:50
Im in a total mess, panicing that i have cjd, I keep trying to tell myself that if id had that for 12-13 months I wouldnt even be on here talking. But my progressive visual disturbances are destroying me.

Gary A
09-01-17, 11:56
Im in a total mess, panicing that i have cjd, I keep trying to tell myself that if id had that for 12-13 months I wouldnt even be on here talking. But my progressive visual disturbances are destroying me.

CJD would have began to rapidly progress around 4 months after exposure. Yes, if you did indeed have it, you'd either be completely bed ridden with a whole host of irreversible neurological symptoms, or you'd be dead.

There are so many more perfectly benign things that can cause eye and visual issues, CJD is an almighty jump to make.

Clydesdale Epona
09-01-17, 12:00
You're definitely right about that you wouldn't be on here talking right now, there are quite a few symptoms and you would notice them trust me, the life expectancy for it is a year so you're past that as well, I know it doesn't help but the NHS do say its a "rare" disorder so its very unlikely you'll have it, and if you did I don't think your brain would have the time to plague you with anxious thoughts x

All the best :hugs:

Vigilante
09-01-17, 12:02
Thanks, my visual issues seem neuro based, im missing parts of my visual field, flashing lights, visual snow, increased after images. I've had a brain mri clear 2 months ago so im at a loss. Around december 2015 symptoms started and have progressed ever since.

Fairy Rose
09-01-17, 12:02
Anxiety alone can cause visual disturbances. I get this sometimes and then it settles down again when I am not so worked up.

Gary A
09-01-17, 12:06
Thanks, my visual issues seem neuro based, im missing parts of my visual field, flashing lights, visual snow, increased after images. I've had a brain mri clear 2 months ago so im at a loss. Around december 2015 symptoms started and have progressed ever since.

Leave the diagnosing to your doctors. A clear MRI would certainly suggest that these visual disturbances aren't neurological.