PDA

View Full Version : Eye dr,never been appointment today

Weasley123
09-01-17, 12:37
So I have terrible dr phobia but today I have 2 go. My right eye has,been watering alot doesn't worry me but this morning it was really bad something feel caught in it and it's very annoying so I took day off and made an appointment with eye doctor. I tried drops first of course but they didn't help. I've never been to an eye dr, I'm almost 39. I'm figuring it's dry Eye or some infection or foreign object can anyone tell me what to expect

Catherine S
09-01-17, 13:50
Hi Weasley, do you mean the optician where you'd go for a regular eye test, rather than the optometrist who we call an eye doctor and who are the eye surgeons? I've recently been to both as I have a cataract in my right eye that has started to affect the vision (don't panic, i'm 63 so it's age related) and have seen both optician and optometrist and the eye exams were the same, it usually involves putting the silly metal glasses on and reading the letter chart, followed by shining a small light into your eyes to examine your eye through to the back.

But If you don't wear glasses and are only going because of your eye discomfort, they may not test your eyesight but just look into the affected eye with the small light. Hope that helps.

ISB x

Weasley123
09-01-17, 14:01
I'm not panicked. Eye doctor. I think I have some thing caught in right eye I feel it when blinking and lots of tears. This has never happened b4 and drops and water didbt help its very annoying

Catherine S
09-01-17, 14:09
I'm sure they'll get you sorted out :)

Weasley123
09-01-17, 19:42
Thank u it was an easy exam I scratched my cornea and need creams and drops but my eyes normal except for very dry eyes

Catherine S
09-01-17, 20:03
Ouchy! Painful. Good that it will heal up fine though :)

ISB x