PDA

View Full Version : Worried after eating sausages

IcyStar
09-01-17, 21:39
Just had some sausages and it said to cook them for 12-14 minutes on the grill, cooked them for 15 minutes and turned them like it says. In one of the sausages, I found some pink bits while I was eating it :( Really worried now!! Was that part raw?

brucealmighty
09-01-17, 21:44
sounds like you`ve cooked them spot on, some sausages have lower meat content than others so it might be a bit of fat or gristle that doesn`t brown up like the rest.
but from what you`ve said I woudln`t worry, the most that would happen is you`ll be on the loo if they haven`t agreed with you.

SLA
09-01-17, 21:47
Yeh, nothing to worry about. They're beige when they go in, so i'd consider pink an improvement!

IcyStar
09-01-17, 21:49
I should add that I have a phobia of throwing up so that's why I'm so worried :(

SLA
09-01-17, 22:08
Yeh, i'm not a fan of that either! :D

IcyStar
09-01-17, 22:21
Just had some sausages and it said to cook them for 12-14 minutes on the grill, cooked them for 15 minutes and turned them like it says. In one of the sausages, I found some pink bits while I was eating it :( Really worried now!! Was that part raw?

Elen
09-01-17, 22:54
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your post was moved from its original place to a sub-forum that is more relevant to your problem.

This is nothing personal - it just enables us to keep posts about the same problems in the relevant forums so other members with any experience with the issues can find them more easily.

Regards

Elen Admin

ps moved to emetophobia forum

ScaredLizard
09-01-17, 23:43
Some pink in sausages is ok! As long as it wasn't entirely super red you will be ok!

Clydesdale Epona
10-01-17, 00:28
I haven't had sausages for a long time but from what i remember it's not uncommon for them to be a bit pink in the middle x

Colicab85
10-01-17, 14:08
The pink bits in sauasages is actually bits of proper pork.

I hear you on phobia of throwing up though. So scared.

jamesgdev
10-01-17, 16:51
Also, do not panic. Some sausages have different meat in them and this is why they stay pink sometimes.

If you cooked at the temp for the requires time and longer then you are fine. The cooking guidelines are usually over anyway for safety reasons.