PDA

View Full Version : Cardiologist update

Anxytips
10-01-17, 16:15
Back from the cardiologist today after my news last Friday. He said that nothing was of major concern to him although something is going on that he wants to get to the bottom of.

He looked at my ECG's and said all was normal and looked at my stress ECG too and said although my blood pressure dropped upon stress it was in a normal range and wasn't of immediate concern. He said he was shocked that the Echo of the heart came back with what it has but stresses to me this was just an opinion and they may have been over cautious with the diagnosis.

They want me monitored an a 48hour ECG at home (which am wearing now) and then I have got to go for a stress MRI on the heart to look at the heart in more detail.

He did say he thought something "systematic" was going on in my body as i was perfectly fine 5 months ago. He thought some of it was definitely anxiety related but said he cannot rule anything out so he asked about thyroid and if my Dr checked this on all my blood tests (which they did not) so doing that, and also doing a lyme disease test too given all my symptoms started when I had a rash appear.

Something else has happened now with me though regarding my nose and throat but am going to post in that sub forum

Catherine S
10-01-17, 16:26
Well I have to say that you're giving us the information really calmly with no mention of panic. Sometimes the anxiety about what things could be, is far worse than knowing what is actually happening and facing it. Well done to you for coping with all of that. It sounds like you're wearing a holter monitor which alot of us here have had to do at one time or another, and at least with all the other tests lined up you'll get more answers.

Good luck with it all

ISB :) x

Anxytips
10-01-17, 16:47
Thanks ISB yeah I'm alright about it to be honest. My main concern now is this darn nose and throat issue which has developed past week! :doh:

Slightly worried about the stress MRI as apparently they inject you to make your heart stress out. Not looking forward to that but suppose they have to do what they have to do!