PDA

View Full Version : Last night! What just happened??

Benisfked123
10-01-17, 17:01
Last night was one of the stangest and scariest nights yet! Basically I have an anxiety disorder. So I was just sleeping around at around midnight and I felt a prick on my foot! Nothing big at all but for some reason I was fully convinced it was a black widow bite! I checked my foot and it started feeling weird but I tryed to control the anxiety and panic. Didn't work! My derealization started to increase to intense amounts! Then I suddenly had an extremely scary sensation in my face. Was like crawling up my face and my breathing started to change! I rushed to the toilet and looked in the mirror and I was completely yellow! I ran Into my mums room and I said "do I look okay?" She said something like i look fine just very anxious. So I sat on her bed for a while with the dog trying to calm down abit. After a while of intense derealization and panic I calmed down and the panic went but i kept having anxiety symptoms all night with derealization. No panic though. I'm okay now but just wanted to share this story! I'm on antidepressants and it may be making me worse? Just don't understand how I paniced and had in what my mind was a death experience. Convinced I was going to die from a black widow bite!

F*ck anxiety disorder !

DoraFlora
10-01-17, 20:37
So many people experience bad panic at night. This is the time your brain can wander the most, often unchecked. Your muscles and organs are settling which can produce weird sensations which then our brains interrupt in ridiculous ways.

When did you start your antidepressants? If it's only been a couple of weeks or if you're not at a therapeutic dose yet there can be some adjusting there too.

Bottom line, you're so right, F anxiety.

Benisfked123
10-01-17, 21:39
So many people experience bad panic at night. This is the time your brain can wander the most, often unchecked. Your muscles and organs are settling which can produce weird sensations which then our brains interrupt in ridiculous ways.

When did you start your antidepressants? If it's only been a couple of weeks or if you're not at a therapeutic dose yet there can be some adjusting there too.

Bottom line, you're so right, F anxiety.

Been on them for around 2-3weeks I'd say. It's in the evenings when my panics usually start happending as you said. They're not traditional panic attacks it's always about a symptom or a random thing like this with the black widow...

F anxiety